Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 21, 2010

The family visit and pics!

My mom came out for a few days. Amazingly, it was the most enjoyable time I've had with my mom in oh....20 years? She put on her best behavior, and I really enjoyed the adult conversation. We drove around, I took her to see some wineries (for the view, no drinking), and it was great to have the extra set of hands. She even babysat twice so that we could go out! I had oysters for the first time in ages, yummm. My sister's visit was also nice. (More babysitting!)

Things here are good. Baby is 6 weeks old! Still only sleeps for one 3 hour stretch at night, and otherwise is mostly awake. Im getting about 4 hours sleep at night, and I'm hitting a wall. I've had 4 hours/night since my second trimester....so it's accumulated. Now my eyes burn, my words are slurred, my brain can't process anything (I forgot how to steam an artichoke, I'm not kidding!), and I'm delirious.

We are heading down to LA in a few weeks. We'll stay with my mom for 3 nights, and she'll watch S while we go to Disneyland during the day. Yay! Then we'll go to Santa Barbara for a few days, and stay at our favorite resort.

Pretty soon we're going to look for babysitters. There are some good websites to find sitters in the area. We hope to get a solid list of 5-10 babysitters we are comfortable with, so that there's a good pool to choose from on any given night. To be honest, if we can find one soon, I may hire them to come over while I'm home! They can watch SAm while I nap for a few hours. :) Not a bad idea, eh?

Ok time for pics!



9 comments:

K J and the kids said...

I have an extremely hard time focusing on anything you are saying due to the CUTENESS in that little baby. OMG she's cute.
Good luck with the babysitter.

Pero-Luter said...

CUTE baby pics!!!! Great outfits! Glad the visit with your family went well. I remember what it was like not to get any sleep! I just sucks! A mini-vacation sounds fun! We don't have anything planned for this summer, and we need to!

giggleblue said...

awww! do get a sitter for a nap!!! it's awesome!

S said...

Getting a sitter so that you can nap sounds like a great idea!

Two Moms, Two Monkeys said...

She is so cute! Love the photos!

A sitter for nap? Get me one too!

Anonymous said...

she sure is cute!

Unknown said...

What a cutie pie!

Anonymous said...

You have an absolutely adorable little girl. Just precious.

Dani said...

She looks just like her mommy!