I can't even bear the thought. I'm so lucky to have been home with Sam for 4.5 months, but it doesn't make this easier.
It doesn't help that I'm going back to a job I hate, that pushes you daily to your limits of exhaustion, has no regard for personal lives, expects long hours, and then I have a 1 hour commute each way. A senior person there even said "The biggest mistake a woman makes here is to have a baby." They seriously dont.give.a.shit. if you have kids. I'll be the only one in my group with a kid, so no one will understand either.
Ugh. Well at least when I come home I'll get to see Sam for 30 minutes before she goes to bed. How wonderful. Grrrrrr. How do you working moms do it? i wish my company would allow flex commute hours or some WFH days.
Friday, August 27, 2010
Back at work on Tuesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
It just has to be done and you will figure it out. Thankfully my boss loves chunk, but it still hurts to drop him off at daycare. I did BAWL the first day he went (2weeks ago) and cried the entire day, even on the phone with his teacher to check on him. You will get used to it (although it sucks) and daycare will be good for her. Sam will love being with the kids, I promise. Now, I can say to chunk, "ready to go to school" and he smiles a HUGE smile, after only 2 weeks. And, it will make you cherish the weekends even more!
You don't give yourself credit for this, but you're already a trailblazer. You took 4.5 months off at a company where some would have preferred you take 4.5 minutes, right? And you still have your job.
So just keep on trailblazing. Accomplish what you need to, leave when you need to, prioritize as you need to, and shock the hell out of them when they realize that you can have work/life balance and still produce good work. Or keep your ear to the ground for a better workplace. They do exist, even in this economy.
Good luck!
Post a Comment