
I've totally turned into one of THOSE people...you know, the kind who have a baby and virtually stop blogging? Lord, Im sorry. I'll try to be better. It's been so hectic with work, commuting 2 hours a day, and client events. Work hasn't been AS hard as I predicted, but it's so hard to only see Sam for 1-2 hours a day, at night.
Sleeping is going ok. She is a night owl, so often won't go down until 9pm. Lately we've managed 8pm. She sleeps through till about 4:30am. She'll eat 7oz, then MAYBE sleep another hour. I sure wish she'd sleep 10 hours a stretch. We tried letting her cry it out, but we had to stop because we live in a condo, and our upstairs neighbors were pissed. Sound carries SO WELL through these thin walls.
Eating is good. She eats rice cereal and oatmeal twice a day now. Next week we start veggies! I'm still so confused at how solids really work. Do I feed her 2,3,4 meals a day, am i supposed to feed her several types of food at each feeding?
Pumping is REALLY getting exhausting, especially at work. I've gone down to pumping 4x a day, and sometimes 5x a day. Next month I start 4x a day exclusively. After that I will keep slowly weaning down each month. I have at least a 1 month supply in the deep freezer, if not two months. I'm ok if we have to give her some formula during the day, at some point. I will be so glad when I someday don't have to get up at 4:30am or 5am to pump!!! It's killing me.
Speaking of the devil, time to pump again! :)
Thursday, September 23, 2010
5.5 months old
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hi stranger! So glad to see a post. She is such a cutie. In terms of solids, I would start her on bananas or pears or something just as bland, once a day. You should only introduce one new food every 3-4 days in case of an allergy. After 3 days of this, add something else, say peas. Then again repeat peas for 3 days or so. She may only take a few bites at first as she gets used to new flavors and textures. You can go to wholebabyfoods.com and they have a great info page for each stage/age and helps you to transition each month or so. You can start solids once a day, then transition to twice a day, then finally 3 times a day.
By about 8 months, chunk was eating breakfast (cereal and fruit), lunch (veggie) and dinner (cereal and veggie) in addition to daycare bottles and nursing. Of course, he is a pig and loves food so every kid is different. You will figure out what works for her and believe me, she will let you know! Good luck and enjoy this stage--adding foods is such a fun time!
Post a Comment