Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Stupid Medela Pump!

My pump stopped working today. After just 7 months. After praying to the gods of overfull boobs, it started working....although it's on the brink of dying. It stops every so often.

I just bought this POS 7 months ago, how can it be dying on me. Will Medela send me a new pump? The thing is, I don't have 2-3 weeks for them to send one. I need one asap. I feel like I'm gonna have to go buy another one for $300...just to get through the last 4-5 months of pumping. damn.

Any suggestions?

8 comments:

Laurie said...

I have a Playtex pump and I've had some problems with the pump itself and some of the parts. Any time I've had an issue, I've called them up and they've sent me new parts at no charge - with overnight delivery.

In the end, I think I've gotten a full, brand new pump two or three times. I don't know what kind of customer service Medela has, but it's worth calling!

For the Long Haul said...

You can usually rent a hospital grade one by the month. I did that for my entire 18 months of pumping. They are usually like $70 a month or something. And it will be more powerful than your pump n style. Just a thought...

Jen said...

I also suggest calling a local hospital for a rental. Not sure of the return policies, but I read somewhere that a Medela pump lasts about 500 hours and then you are SOL. So, I am expecting mine to die soon...

Pufferfish said...

You can rent the Medela hospital grade pumps at BBRUS here in NYC. Might want to see if they offer that.
ALSO, have you checked your health insurance to see if it covers the cost of a breast pump? Ours did.

Meredith said...

This just happened to us. Janet was mid pup when the pump just stopped sucking. Unlike yours though, ours was a hand me down that had logged some serious pumping hours.

We rented a pump for a month at our hospital. I ordered a new one for her and we will return the rental as soon as it arrives.

As an aside, we bought our new Pump in Style from this website:
http://awaybabyessentials.com/

Their price is ~219 for the Pump in Style and ~279 for the Free Style.

anofferingoflove said...

hi - just saw this post ... dont know if you've already solved the problem, but medela has a 1-year guarantee on their pumps. mine broke just last week (i bought in january) and called their customer service line. they walked me through a few possible fixes, none worked, so they overnighted me a new pump for free. you need some proof of when you purchased - the reciept or a credit card statement. if you dont have that, they just go off your baby's birth date. they were super nice to me and it was an easy process. which reminds me...still need to ship the old pump back! (they provide free shipping label)

CJ said...

Pumping is never fun, much less when you lose your beloved pump! Hope their customer service rocks, let me know, I use one of theirs as well!

Laurie said...

Where'd you go??