Nope, I'm not kidding. Samantha is on her 9th round of antibiotics in 5 months. She has had ear infection after ear infection. I quit my job and took her out of daycare, but she still gets them. She gets them without even being sick. Her ears must be so poorly designed, that they just can't drain. We even had ear tube surgery recently, and she's had 3 infections since then. Sigh.
We go back next week to see if her adenoids and tonsils need to be removed. They may be blocking the tubes. I feel so bad for her. Antibiotics hardly even work on her anymore, and she's not even 1 year old.
Speaking of birthdays, we are planning her 1st birthday. Can you believe she's almost 1! We may rent a Gymb0ree, just so that we can have some friends over. Our place is too small.
sam is a ball of activity. She is super sweet, but lately she also throws at least 30 tantrums a day. She throws her head back, screams at the slightest thing, hits the dog, picks things up and throws them... is this normal for an 11 month old? It's like she's hit the terrible twos and then some!
We spent a week down in SoCal visiting family. She was so brave at Disneyland, didn't cry on the rides!
Ok picture time!
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Ear infection #9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Hi! I've been a silent follower of your blog - I enjoy reading it! We are experiencing the same thing with our 12 month old - when he doesn't get what he wants, he screams and throws things. And if we say "no", all hell breaks loose! Hoping that if we are consistent with the "no" we can hopefully break him of this before he hits the terrible twos!! Good luck :)
Sorry about the ear infections. That's rough. I hope they can figure out how to get them under control so she feels better soon.
Throwing, hitting, etc. is a normal phase for this age so don't worry. Don't make too big a deal because they think it's funny and do it again to get the same reaction. Good luck. :)
Hi there stranger! If not for fb, I would really miss you and that sweet girl! Sorry about all the ear infections-some kids are more prone than others, and Sam got the short straw. Bummer. Chunk got the short straw with breathing and respirtory issues, so I know the struggle. Didn't you hear that one is the new two? Crazy tantrums. Oh, and great idea about the gymboree! I may steal that idea for his second birthday!
Sounds hard! But she's beautiful. Hopefully a sweeter toddler stage will come next, as you know they do exist :). I hope she does not need surgery for her tonsils :(. Keep us posted!
I had/have small ear canals and as a baby had problems too but truthfully all the antibiotics made it worse eventually. You might want to look at possibly trying some alternative methods before yanking out her adnoids or tonsils. And also trying to get off all the ABX so they will work in the future when she needs them. I am now anaphalactiically allergic to e-mycin which very likely is from all of it I was on while younger.
Anyhow I have mostly used ear oil, muelin or garlic oil and homeopathics for them in my own children to great relief. I also use hydrogen peroxide drops as preventitive for myself and them when needed.
It may or may not work but sometimes children respond so much better to simpler methods. Soul didn't respond well to her reflux meds at all and when I stopped them and switched to homeopathics the results were almost instant. Just a thought. I knpw how awful it is to have a suffering child.
Sending much love to you all through all of this. It SUCKS!!
Screaming or not she's SO DAMN CUTE !
Sorry about all of the ear infectinos.
As far as the screaming and hitting and such....been there done that :) They grow out of it. She's just taking control of her own world. In the only way she knows how.
TOTALLY normal.
That is one cute kid! Love the pics. The ear infections sound terrible though. We haven't experienced that so I have no advice, but thinking about your guys.
Hello! Our Dara has experienced several ear infections including ruptures since September. Our pediatrician suggested using the saline spray as soon as we see nasal drainage, which is usually a good indication that Dara will get an infection. It seems that the frequency of infections has come down since we started this. Hope this can be of help.
Take care!
Chandra
I hope you figure out the ear thing soon, that's no fun!! But she is so stinkin' adorable! I love the photos!
Post a Comment