So December is our first "try" in 4 months! This break is killing me. So we are totally ready to start again with the next cycle. It looks like my IUI date will be around 12/14-12/16. Guess what I found out today - my team for ONCE is planning a mandatory offsite in December. And guess what days they are looking at? 12/14-12/16!! A trip to Los Angeles, far far away from my RE.
What do I do, guys? I can't bear to lose another month, I really can't. Not for some stupid work event, and I dont even like most of the people on my team.
I will need to come up with some excuse, but trust me - it's going to look REALLY BAD, and I will lose a lot of favor with my boss and coworkers. I am so devastated right now. I really can't miss another month, especially when my RE said my polyps could start growing again in a few months, so "the sooner the better" on pregnancy.
:( I am so so so upset.
Monday, November 24, 2008
well this sucks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
Can you do an ICI instead of an IUI? Doing it at an offsite, not fun and romantic, but perhaps practical. Alternatively, just keep on top of the monitoring with your doctor, and if your follicles are big enough, trigger before the trip?
That really sucks. *hugs lots*
Is coming clean to your boss not an option? (sorry if you've covered this before). It might not be ideal, but they might surprise you.
What about letting your boss know now you have a medical procedure you have to do this month at that time? You don't have to let them/him/her know 'what' you are doing. Only that it's medical and your health is a priority and you've had this 'procedure' booked for FOUR months in advance.
I think that Travelher has a good idea here. No boss can really blame you for that, and letting your boss know that it isn't something that can be rescheduled would help.
This does just plain suck though. Ugh.
I'm so sorry that this has happened. If coming clean with your boss isn't an option - what about seeing a different RE out here for the IUI? I'm in San Diego and my RE is part of a really incredible network of clinics - they do have an office in Los Angeles.
Please email me if you want specifics.
I agree. I would let them know you already have a medical procedure scheduled and it can not be changed. Not a lie, and you only have to tell them as much as you want to.
I defer to the others with greater wisdom, but just wanted to confirm how totally sucky that is.
I agree with the ladies saying you should tell them you have a medical procedure and you can't do the trip. I'm sure you can get a doctor's note if you ask!
the scheduling aspect of this process definitely gets me SO agitated and frustrated--I second the thoughts of claiming a medical reason--really can't be questioned, I would think, by work people.
Terribly sucky! In situations like this I begin to utter that phrase from the beginning of the movie Philadelphia when Tom Hank's character can find that super important document: "Every problem has a solution."
Is there any chance you can find a medical professional to inseminate you in LA? IUIs are not medically complicated and it's a big city with lots of options. Maybe your RE or someone in TTC cyberspace can recommend someone. It would make for a great conception story.
Smarter, more experienced ladies before me have give some great proposals. You will get inseminated that ovulation weekend...it's just a matter of finding the best solution!
Good luck!
I ditto everyone else. They are all wise wise women!!
The whole have to be ready to go at a moments notice is so very frustrating isn't it??
xxoo
Post a Comment