
AF arrived in full force today. You know what this means - my IVF cycle has possibly begun! I am FREAKING OUT.
I visit my IVF clinic tomorrow for my CD2 follie count, FSH/estradiol, and some immunology bloodwork. My doc will then decide on a protocol, which I'm guessing will be microdose or microflare.
You knew this was coming, so please indulge the freakout session below.
My FEARS:
1) I am still waiting to get 5 blood test results from my PCP. It's been a nightmare getting the results, and they say they have them, then they don't, etc. I go in tomorrow morning to pick up the results. I suspect all 5 missing ones won't be in there. This means I'd have to redo the tests again, which my insurance probably won't pay for and since they are "custom" tests and sent offsite, it takes 1-2 weeks for results.
2) If I do the microflare, they only have you on birth control for 3 weeks, MAX 4 weeks. So this means that all of my missing labwork must be in before then, or the cycle is called off.
3) if some of these test results come in next week, it may be too late. If i test positive for some tests, they need me on meds for 3 weeks during birth control. They said if this is the case, it's another reason my IVF cycle may be called off until next month.
4) This is really happening!!!
5) I still am not convinced they can fix my leading follicle issue....where I get one giant 30mm follie after 2 days of injections. No other follies.
6) I will be missing a LOT of work for monitoring on BC, then daily monitoring during injectables, then retrieval then transfer. it's going to be shit-hard to get out of work this much, especially when I am supposed to be in last minute critical client meetings.
I dunno. We'll see if they can fix the poor responder issue. I will need to buy more meds. I have one 900iu gonal-f pen, and 13 vials of 75iu menopur. im sure ill need more for ivf.
I am just TERRIFIED that I won't get all the final labs in on time....and will miss my window. I suppose worst case scenario is that it gets delayed another month.
If everything goes according to plan (ha!), I could be doing my retrieval as soon as 4 weeks from now!
I truly hope IVF works for me. It would make me so happy.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
At the starting line????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly.
very excited!! to calm one of your fears, i am sure that if they lost test results and you have to re-do them, then you do not have to pay, it's their fault! hope it all comes together and you don't have to wait a month for results to come in! now i'm off to read about what microdose and microflare are ...
I truly hope that IVF works for you too.
In the short run... here's hoping those tests are where they're supposed to be.
Will be thinking about you tomorrow!
Yay for CD1! This is your month, I can feel it. :)
i truly hope this works for you too.
I hope, hope, hope it does as well. Best of luck!
Oh my gosh....you deserve this so much and it will happen, I have faith. For what it is worth, I would be freaking out too...there is so much to go through and consider with IVF. But, you can do it!!!!! I believe in you and your follicles!
I'm really hoping that everything works out smoothly! you deserve it.
This is so exciting. Normal to have fears, but you have to try! Good luck!!
I am keeping everything crossed for you. I hope that IVF works for you too, you need your break already.
sending positive thoughts that the lab work is where it's supposed to be so that you can jump on the IVF train!!! i truly hope this is your month, you deserve it and we're ALL rooting for you out here in blogland!!! try to stay relaxed and just let your mind and body surrender to it all...and know that you WILL be a mama.
Post a Comment