I was tagged by Jen and Tiff for the 10 things meme. I am so uncreative with these, haha. Here is my feeble attempt!
1. If I could have any skill, it would be a beautiful singing voice.
2. I grew up Mormon. (In a very conservative, strict Mormon household) As I got older and started to do my own thinking, I realized many teachings didn't sit well with me. I became completely inactive after high school. With the passing of Prop 8, I formally resigned my membership from the church in December 2008. Although I disagree with many Mormon teachings, I don't think they are all bad people. I hope, for example, that they can someday open their hearts to accepting gay families as equals.
3. Most embarrassing moment EVER (and only you people get to hear this). When I was about 15, my mom caught me m@sterbating. Oh god, it's been 19 years and it still feels like yesterday! I was mortified.
4. If I had a billion dollars, I would buy a shitload of land in the midwest and build a huge ranch to take in all the unwanted dogs. I'd take all of them, healthy, sick, terminally ill. I'd have lots of volunteers help with caring for them, and my only goal would be to give them a high quality of life and lots of love.
5. My mom named me 'Carrie' after the book "Sister Carrie" (not the Stephen King movie) :)
6. I try not to have any regrets in life. If I had to pick two though, they would be: Not having kids sooner and not going on a huge around the world backpacking trip. Of course, had I done that I may have altered the course of my life and never met Becky!
7. My favorite feature on Becky's body is her fingers. (eww, not for that reason sickos!) She has the most lovely fingers, it was one of the first things I noticed when I met her. I know, I'm weird. I also love how her straight hair curls just a tiny bit at the ends.
8. I absolutely cannot wear socks on carpet. Makes me all clammy and pukey. I can't really go barefoot either. I like having my feet warm and almost sweaty inside slippers or shoes. Apparently my dad is exactly the same way, so it must be genetic!
9. I have a huge and irrational fear of going to prison for something I didn't mean to do.
10. I ran my first half marathon a few years ago. I still can't believe I did that! :)
Friday, April 2, 2010
10 Things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Your fear of going to prison cracks me up.
Great list!
Oh, and socks on carpet skeaves me out too! So does being barefoot on carpet. I wear slippers all winter and flip flops all summer. Carpet in general skeaves me out.
#4 is awesome, I have always said that if I ever come into money that is exactly what I would do!
great list. #2 me too :)
nice list! Cracked me up!
Just wanted to say hi. I found your blog through my sister, who is a lesbian TTC. I am LDS, but I am very pro-gay and anti-prop 8 and all of that. (I'm also a convert; maybe that's it? lol). Anyway, wanted to say that I love your blog and I am trying to fight the good fight for equality for all from the inside.
I just found out I'm pregnant, so I'm having fun going back through your archives.
Congrats on your new arrival! I'm sure she's amazing.
Post a Comment