I've been a bad blogger. August has rolled in, and there's a sense of sadness and anxiety. I go back to work this month! :( I start back on Aug 31. It feels like the days are skidding by and work is around the corner. I honestly don't know how I can leave my sweet little girl. It will destroy me. We looked into any possible way for me to quit and be a SAHM, but it just doesn't make financial sense. We need two incomes right now.
What sucks is I'm expected to work long hours, and my commute is 1 hour each way. If I'm lucky I'll get home at 6-6:30pm, and Sam goes to bed between 8:30-9. That gives me like 2 hours to see her. God forbid I go to the gym after work - then I'll not see her at all. Damn. Obviously moms all around the country do this...how do you handle being a working mom?
Ok time for pics :)


Monday, August 2, 2010
Pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
That is one cute baby you guys have! Enjoy your month at home.
working moms live for the weekends and vacation! do your workout on your lunch break. enjoy every second of this month with her. you are very lucky to have had such a good long maternity leave. she is beautiful!
First - that last picture is adorable!!!
Second - going back to work SUCKS. I went back when Ryan was 9 weeks... the one (and only) really great thing is seeing your baby's face when you come home from work at the end of the day :)
She is adorable! I can imagine the dread of returning to work when you have that face waiting for you at home.
I went back full time at 13 weeks. I am a corporate lawyer so my schedule sounds like it is pretty similar to yours (read: crazy). The first month back at work is the hardest. It gets easier. Now that we are in a routine, it all feels pretty manageable. I will say that our son loves daycare and it seems to be really good for him - they do things I would never even think of. Good luck!
Post a Comment