Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Look at the size of that noggin!

Her cranial remolding guy said she doesnt need a helmet, and it's hopefully just a big giant head. He said it was still a good idea that we're meeting a neurologist in May. I will be GLAD when that appt is over, and hopefully we'll get good news. We found out her head is the size of a 3 year old boy's head! It's so huge and keeps jumping percentiles. Hope hope hope everything is ok in there, and that she just needs that space for all her brains and sass. :)

To give you an idea of the giant heeeeeed:


6 comments:

Michaela said...

Aaaw, how cute. *giggle* The video is great. Thanks for sharing.

I really hope, that there's nothing wrong.

Finch and Wren said...

That's great! Here's hoping all goes well in May. The video is really cute!

Loralou said...

Oh she has such a sweet little voice :) Cute!!

Andrea said...

Does this post work?

Andrea said...

Okay, I figured out the posting now. I have followed your blog for years and I may have posted before but can't remember. Anyway, my little guy is 20 months and he has a teeny tiny head (not on the charts). We had looked into helmets, craniofacial plastic surgeons, had CT Scans done, etc. Clearly whatever is going on with Sam (if anything) is different than my little one but I thought I'd help if I could. I found a Dr. in Texas who will respond to emails. From what I could find he is one of the best in the country. Send him a brief rundown of your situation and a good photo of her face on, down the top of her head, and a side of head shot. It would be better if her hair is wet so he can see skull formation. He is a craniofacial plastic surgeon and it sounds like you need to consult a neuro dr. but hey he responded to my email with his thoughts within 24 hours so it couldn't hurt to contact him. His name is Dr. Fearon out of Dallas, Texas website http://www.thecraniofacialcenter.org/index.html and his email address is cranio700@aol.com
In going to Alex's appts the running theme seems to be "is he still following his growth curve"? A concern I would have as a mom is that Sam is not following her growth curve but moving above it. so it would probably be worth following up with a specialist.
Alex doesn't talk yet and we have greatly benefitted from sign language maybe that would help with the tantrums, but maybe not:0 Also, if you want to try a homeopathic route for the ears I have had success with my older daughter with health food store ear relief drops that contain "mullein". I know I'm full of advice and maybe none of this will help but from another going crazy stay at home mom who knows maybe it will! :)
I hope you have calmer days ahead, Sam is beautiful and this too shall pass with time!

Michaela said...

Hey, how are you doing?