Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 5, 2009

Made it through hell week

This was a horrible week at work. I worked until 10:30pm most nights, and even got up at 6:30am today to start working. My job is incredibly stressful as a baseline, and this week it was 2x that. I almost threw up last night from the stress, it was that bad.

It got me thinking, am I totally screwed for IVF? Seriously. I work long hours, exhaust myself to the bone, and I could be in the same situation the week of transfer. Honestly, I don't know if it's possible for me to be home for 3 days, when million dollar clients have critical launches. I wonder if I'll need to go straight to the office right after the transfer.

I've already decided to do BCP an extra week, so that I can get through another anticipated hell week. Work has caused me so much stress, which contributed to my infertility this past year. Yet again, this focking job is causing me anger, stress, and impaired fertility treatments. Sigh. There is no end in sight.

I got my homocysteine test done today. I just need those results, and our specimen acceptance form sent to my IVF clinic, and I'l be done with pre-IVF.

BCP are going fine. Tomorrow I pickup a Folgar rx, and they said to start baby aspirin. I went to W@lgreens, and out of 40+ baby meds, I only saw acetaminophen and ibuprofen. So I bought $20 worth of the latter, thinking it must be aspirin. There wasn't ONE thing labeled aspirin. I found out that's not aspirin, and I wasted money. I guess tomorrow we'll scout out every pharmacy to find baby aspirin.

Few more weeks of BCP, then Lupron starts. I feel so drained. I keep adding up the IVF costs, and it stresses me out even more. With the long lupron protocol, they said 3 weeks of injections @ 250+iu per day. Well, you do the math. Between that dosage, Lupron, Lovenox, and progesterone in oil - this is getting up to $5500+ in meds alone. WHAT THE FUCK.

Why is IVF so expensive? I get that it's a business, but the fact that ONE fuckin' try (with a 35% chance) is $20,000 all-in, is a big deal. One try and we're out. I don't know how the eff we could scrape up another $20,000.

IVF should not be as expensive as a car. I get it now. I get it. For all of you who've done IVF and experienced this financial suffering, I get it. I am so sorry for all of us that have to endure corporate greed.

4 comments:

N said...

Yeah, the baby aspirin is often not with the pain killers. But look for the old foagies medication, believe it or not, b/c it's used for heart protection. Make sure you get one with a coating, or it'll wreck your stomach. 81mg is baby aspirin, so even if it doesn't SAY baby aspirin (the so-labeled "baby aspirin" is sometimes - ridiculously - more expensive than the same thing, labeled for adults).

*hugs*

I think you'll get through it, but it's good that you pushed the IVF stuff out a week. But it'll be what it is, and I know you can do this.

Inlocoparentis said...

I had the same job concerns about IVF. I have a crazy job and am expected, at times, to work between 60-80 hours per week. I really had to fight hard to get a few days off after the transfer, but I honestly think carving that time out for myself helped - if only with my anxiety level. I hope they will be nice to you at work and give you a break for a few days.

mandy&katie said...

Random lurker here- N was right about the aspirin. It's not recommended for anyone under 12 b/c it can cause Reye's Syndrome. So "baby" aspirin is just the low dose aspirin for grown ups. 81 mg, get the enteric coated. It comes in orange and cherry flavored chewables, too. In order to further confuse people about whose taking it. GL!

Lizzie said...

Look for St. Joseph's - that is baby aspirin, even if it doesn't say "baby" ... Big hugs.