So just as I am finishing up all my pre-IVF tests, and feeling relaxed for once....disaster strikes again.
Remember my horrrrrrrible experience with my old fertility clinic? The ones who did my most recent laparoscopy? Well they had quoted me $1,700 to $5,000 for the surgery. They said my copay would be a few hundred dollars, since my insurance is good.
So I just got my Cign@ statement of benefits today. They fucking submitted the claim for $26,000! For a fucking cyst removal! So Cigna paid them $24,000 of it, saying my portion due is $2,600.
$2,600 for a copay for a cyst removal. I can't believe this. Now I have to stress out and call my old clinic, call the surgical center where they billed it from, and call my insurance. Talk about the most useless people on earth. Great, now I am back in stressland.
How on earth could they submit a claim for a laparoscopy for $26,000? I'm just worried that they will bully me around now, and insist that the surgery cost that much. I'm dying for Monday to arrive, so I can call everyone. They are all closed for the weekend.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
WTF!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
WTF?? That's fucking ridiculous and something you SO do not need right now. I'm sorry. :(
Post a Comment