Excited we made it to week 18! Each week is a milestone.
The only thing on my mind lately... I woke up with a really bad cramp in my ute. LIke a period cramp that won't release, and it's radiating to my back. It was really intense, and it was hard to walk...nothing made it go away or even ease up. It lasted about 24 hours, and it's somewhat less intense today.
My OB is off on Mondays, but I reached the nurse for the backup OB. They won't let me get a scan. They said I don't need one. Instead, they are bringing me in to TALK to the doctor.
WTF is wrong with this practice. They are supposed to be the best in my area. I'm sorry but it's not normal to have an intense nonstop cramp for 2 days. I'm not overly worried, but I'd like to be checked to ensure nothing is wrong. Nope. They won't allow it.
Should it be this much of a struggle to get the care I need? I'm too lazy to switch practices at this point, and this is one of only a few practices that delivers at the hospital I want. The other practices aren't accepting new patients or got bad reviews. I think I'm stuck.
ON top of all this, I think I'm also getting ligament pains. For over a day now, I also have shooting pains every 20 seconds down the left side of my abdomen, as well as across the bottom of my ute. Did y'all experience that? I get them every 20 seconds, around the clock.
My OB can kiss my ass. I am going to be very firm about asking for a scan when I come in today, even though I'm sure they'll shoot me down. What's to gain, by telling a nervous pregnant women in PAIN that she can't get a scan??
Monday, November 16, 2009
18w0d - annoyed with OB
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
So glad you updated, we were getting worried about you. its not like you to not blog for almost a week. Sorry you are having pains. I know you must be uber sensitive to every twinge. Hang in there. You will have all types of pains and aches that may be worrisome. When is your gender scan?
You're not lazy, not wanting to switch practices at this point, but I really think you should consider it. You seem to have gotten the freak flag placed on your file, and they're dismissing your concerns. This is not okay, and is causing you more stress than you need.
Imagine the care you'll need (and likely not receive from the current practice) should you have a serious complication, then find the practice that can deliver that care. It sounds like your RE can and will recommend a better practice for you, especially since the RE is still seeing you for the transfusions.
I hope you get what you need, and soon. I hate all the stress you're been through and still face, and the OB's practice only seems to add to it.
I have to agree with Bree. You're not getting the care you deserve and you do seemed to have been tagged. Or maybe they are just a really lax practice and you need something more intense.
I know what a pain in the ass it is to change OB's at this point in the pregnancy--because that's when I did it.
BUT, it was the best decision and I am getting excellent care tailored for ME.
I hope you reconsider and that you get that scan you want. INSIST on it!!
Post a Comment