Well, I didn't get a scan, but I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be. The on-call OB was my original OB, before I got pregnant. Let's just call her SMOKIN HOT OB. I mean, seriously, the lady is ridiculously hot.
Being used to belly scans/exams, let's just say I haven't shaved or trimmed "the beast down there" in oh.....4 weeks? I know, gross right. When she told me to lay back and put my feet in stirrups, my heart stopped. She gave me a finger exam. There I was, all bushy tailed in the hot bright spotlights of that room........wanting to die. I should have asked her for a razor and 5 minutes of privacy.
She said baby sounds fine, cervix totally closed, and strangely, I've lost 4lbs in the last 3 weeks! Guess I can eat more, then!
She wasn't sure where the bad cramping was coming from. She said it could be a bladder infection, and is testing me for that. She said it could also be just really effed-up uterine stretching. She agreed it's POSSIBLE there is a placental tear, but said usually you'd see bleeding with that. I guess I should have pressed for a scan at that point, but I was too busy dealing with my hairy shame. I suppose if she thought I had a decent chance of a tear, she'd scan me.
We get our anatomy scan in 2.5 weeks. Feels so far away! In the meantime, I can't help but think I AM Teen Wolf!!
Monday, November 16, 2009
Update.....and hilariously mortifying story
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
4 weeks is nothing! Hehehe. Just wait until you can't see
or reach down there! Tiff is going to have to give me a
trim in a couple of weeks just in case he comes
early...those are uncharted parts lately! :)
haha...been there. like jen said, one day soon you will be unable to reach without cutting off your air supply :]
Hilarious! i remember the days when Liz had to "do the honors" - Youve got to be brave to put clippers in someone elses hands and trust that they have a steady hand...
I've actually learned how to shave 'it' without actually being able to see 'it'. Chicken says it's good enough to pass the swimsuit test at the gym anyway. I would've been mortified as well. But still....very funny!!
Glad everything went well at the appt.
I am there with you. Even abdominal scans are embarassing now, though, because of my ridiculous stretch marks. Oh well . . .
Forget not being able to trim when you're even more preggo - once you have a kid you may never trim again!
Ha!!!! This was HILARIOUS. I second most people's comments....just you wait!! I remember getting to the point where NO amount of sucking in, moving etc could make me see down there. Then you move on to the shaving without seeing....this results in many a cut and several hair patches - lovely, right? THEN, You will need help, my friend! So so funny. I'm sure the hot lady didn't mind. Maybe she doesn't like the shaved look!! Haa! Again, totally laughed my butt off reading this. I'm going to have TEEN WOLF in my head the rest of the night....
Post a Comment