Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 19, 2010

31 weeks. I've now seen it all.

Well I'm 31.5 weeks. Below are some pics we took a few days ago. Can you believe how huge I am? I can't believe I still have 8 weeks to grow!

At birthing class, my belly is bigger than all the other women - and they are 3-4 weeks ahead of me. ugh. Our class is a bit too hippie for us, we realized. I just want to learn about pain management, epidurals, stages of labor. They made us watch a video called "Orgasmic Birth." The video was of women climaxing during birth, shouting "yes yes yes" and later telling the camera how giving birth is so sexual and enjoyable. You know, good for them. But this isn't for me.

I'm getting really hormonal lately. Everything makes me mad or weepy. The garbage bag is full, I cry. Someone honks their horn outside, I cry.

I also have two weird sensations going on, wondering if I'm the only one?
1. The past month the area under my right tata (skin on my ribs) has turned numb, like a 4"x4" patch. It also kind of hurts during the day especially if I'm wearing a bra.

2. About once a day, I feel like this kid is having some weird seizure. Her feet are down near my left lower side. And I'll get this 1-2 second extremely fast twitch feeling. It's definitely NOT kicks or hiccups. It feels like a a super rapid twitching in that localized spot. (Not all over my belly). Did anyone else have this? Some sites I found had women complaining of the same thing, but babies were ok. Other sites were about women who experienced this and had babies who developed epilepsy or strokes at 4-18 months. Ugh. I would think if it was a true seizure I'd feel it across my whole belly. This almost feels like she's tooting bubbles in the fluid.

I'll ask my OB about both of these on Tuesday.

And now, for some belly shots!

5 comments:

K J and the kids said...

You are so not HUGE. You look great. only 8 more weeks. WOW !

I remember having that sensation on my stomach. I thought it was because the skin was so stretched out.
I also remember feeling the twitches and I asked the doctor about it.
My mom said I did the same thing. I think I told her that I was masterbating :) hee hee
ah well.

Katy said...

Hi! I'm popping in to say that I experienced both things! I had a bizarre hot and tingly feeling under my right boob for weeks. It went away eventually, I was told it was the baby wedged up under my ribs and everything shifting inside and putting pressure/stretching my skin.

And the very quick twitches weirded me out, I thought it felt like the baby shivering. Now that she's here I watch her move all sorts of crazy ways, so it's easy to see how odd some of it felt while she was in my belly!

I'm sure it's all fine in there, and your baby will be in your arms so soon! :)

Anabelle said...

you worry alot woman! lol

the insane movements sounds like baby is being startled or frightened.. My daughter did the same thing if something I did woke her up.... once it happened when something in my office made a loud bang..... scared the creepers out of her..

Angela said...

I don't think you're big at all! You should have seen me at 31 weeks. :)

My son did the same thing. He would twitch while I was pregnant and I was concerned because I hadn't experienced it with my daughter and knew it wasn't the hiccups. It turned out to be his leg. For a couple of weeks after he was born his leg would twitch and then stop. I think it has something to do with the developing neurological system. It usually goes away shortly after birth and is nothing to be concerned about.

moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

Tu es très belle!!!!!!

and the woman was having an orgasmic labor ?? i have never heard of that.. thats kind of odd if you think about it.. you child is coming out and you are screaming 'yes, yes, yes..' i think i would too be uncomfortable in that group. lol.