Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Home from Hospital. What a day!

Spent 4 hours in the hospital today. The first half was lovely....they sent me to Labor & Delivery. Honestly, I love the L&D unit at our hospital. The nurses were so completely nice and friendly, and treated B with lots of kindness, too. I got my gown, got to lay in a nice big reclining L&D bed. They brought me apple juice. They hooked me up to external monitors and asked a lot of questions.

It was like Four Seasons to me. It was really fun to be in a real L&D room. It made me actually kind of sad that I'm likely headed for a c/s, and won't get to experience that side of things.

Well, they could not find signs of pre-e. Blood pressure there was 110/70 reflexes good, baby moving a TON, hb and oxygen levels good, no swelling, and no protein in urine.

We stole a look at the Room Service menu - it's so nice! I can't wait to order food from there, is it weird that I get excited about that? LOL.

They sent us down to the main ER, ewwwwww...what a different experience. Uncomfortable bed, sick and crying people all around us, and we spent 2.5 hours there. You know the drill - you wait 45 min, then the doctor comes in, then you wait another hour for blood results, etc. wait wait wait. no one brought me apple juice. haha. They really didn't investigate my numb/pain under my right rib. They kept saying oh pregnancy does lots of weird things. Ummm ok, but can't you check things out a little? They ran a CBC on me, and my iron/hemoglobin is still low, despite two iron pills a day. My red blood cell count is super low, but they weren't worried about it.

They eventually discharged me, saying drink a lot of fluid, get lots of rest......and just chalk everything up to pregnancy. I felt a bit cheated on the testing, but honestly I was so uncomfortable and wanted to go home.

I miss the L&D area already! I had so much fun there, it was like the ultimate playing house. All the monitoring, but no real pain/contractions to deal with. It was fun and weird to be treated as a patient in that wing....just last week we walked those same hallways for our hospital tour.

I guess I will have to get used to all this dizziness and constant pain in my ribs now. I do NOT know how I can endure another 6-8 weeks of this, I'm serious. I feel like someone kicked me in the stomach and a MLB pitcher threw a 90 mile pitch into my ribs and back. How can i handle working and just LIVING in this increasing pain for 2 more months. Lord help me.

And now I leave you with 2 pictures we took once we got home from the hospital. My 32 (almost) week belly pic. Gotta love the belly hanging out at the bottom. I was tired, hungry, and obviously didn't care. :)


4 comments:

Sarah said...

i haven't been here in a while. you look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laura said...

Hi There! I know whats causing your rib pain (I have/had the EXACT same thing). The muscles right around the bottom of the rib cage are being over stretched and in spasm. I still have aches that go to the back from my huge kiddos. Try counter- pressure and lots of squatting (It helps the baby down a little and keeps the pressure of baby off the ribs.) ALso thikngs will improve even more once the baby drops. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I've decided it better to introduce myself rather than stalk your page silently. Please, go read the introduction I've put on my blog. Have a great day! -Mel

P.S. Hope you're feeling better and get some relief soon.

giggleblue said...

i had rib pain and a visit to the chiropractor fixed things in just one visit. if you can find one that specializes in pregnancy, it wouldn't hurt to try it!