Seriously, who needs therapy when you have such awesome blogger buddies? :) I'm happy to report that today I'm feeling much better. No crying yet, amazingly. I realize this could all change again tomorrow, but I'm glad today is better. Taking it one day at a time. Today is Becky's last day at home, then she returns to work tomorrow. (Things could get ugly again with the depression, but let's hope not!)
I left my OB a voicemail just now, which B made me promise to do. For now I want to keep an eye on how I'm doing, and possibly get some therapist referrals from my doc. I could start with that and, if needed, consider meds.
Since it's time for a HAPPY post, here are some fun things:
* Sam turned 3 weeks today!
* Today is "Wednesday Wine Night" - where I pump/dump my 9pm session, and we enjoy a nice bottle of wine
* Today Sam latched great on one boob, and ate for 10 minutes. I still had to pump, and this was the only attempt I'll try at latching today, but it put me in a better mood.
* We all (including the dog) went for a nice walk downtown, and I got a chai tea latte. Mmmm.
Picture time! Here are some recent pics I took with my phone:
After being up since 6am with bad gas, Sam finally got them all out and passed out asleep on my chest. Boy were we both tired after that gas session!
Becky and Sam's feet, hanging out on the sofa.
Sam on her playmat - this is the first time she kept her eyes open and was alert!
This what what she wore on our downtown outing today!
Yesterday we went to a park in Saratoga, and here's B feeding Sam
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Doing Better Today
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
I am glad that you are only trying latching once today - Sam is getting the benefits of breastfeeding while you are pumping for her, and courting frustration isn't productive for either of you. Those pictures are adorable - it's nice when a baby starts to pay attention to the world more!
So glad you are feeling better!
The best advice I got early on was this. Everything changes, often, with babies. So when something is happening you are sure you cannot handle it will change. It also means some awesome things change too so pay attention to them and enjoy them when they do.
Re: the laying on you that will likely change as will the cling, I PROMISE YOU this. The nursing will change too.
One thing to remember is to keep trying things because I swear what they cannot stand one day will be their favorite thing the next, it can even change throughout a day.
Also I want to say the hormone shift after giving birth is tremendous. I think it is one of the least discussed things out there. It is why some discuss the "fourth trimester" as a time to be aware of and cared for like the other three. It will take a good 3 months to have the hormones settle down. I go through this freaky thing a week to two out where I get sudden chills, with no fever, where I shake uncontrollably for 2-3 days and cannot get warm to save my life. Hot showers, heating blankets all of it and I am freezing. It happened with both and was hormone induced. So they are powerful.
Lastly, you are doing a GREAT job mama, it is so hard at first and your are doing great. Hang in their love!!
Love pictures!!
i love the couch picture. lol. so cute.
I am happy you are doing better. It is completely normal to have PPD, everyone has it in some mild/severe form. I am proud to be apart of your blogger life and read about your experience. I think it is important to share and not be at all embarrassed or upset, etc about it.
Thank you for sharing your story, i really appreciate it. I am happy you are doing something positive with it also and that you called your OB.
I like the sound of the wednesday wine night! lol.
Wonderful pictures! I'm glad you feel better today.
On Baby gas.
My Rowan was super gassy and oddly enough I noticed it went away once the colostrum was gone from milk??? not sure if anyone else went through that.
anyhow I wound up buying powdered probiotics (the stuff in activia yogurt) and put it in with her milk once a day. It aids in digestion and it made a world of difference with rowan. :) just sharing the tip!
Glad things are looking up for you! I nannied newborn twins and I swear I went through PPD and I didn't even give birth to them! It's HARD!!! So give yourself a lot of credit, and be patient with yourself and your partner.
So glad you are feeling better!
How's it going over there?
Post a Comment