Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 8, 2010

She's here!


At 4:45pm yesterday my water broke. They rushed us to the hospital, and at 7:15pm our darling Samantha was born!
She weighed 7lb, 6oz and was 19" long. She's the cutest little thing we've ever seen, and we can't stop looking at her. She barely cries, and is very content. She even latched on quite easily! We feel very blessed right now.

I'm recovering from the c/s, and am following everyone's advice to stay ahead of the pain. I'm also getting up and making myself walk. Not easy, but I know it will help. Becky's been a champ with diaper changes, getting me water, and is getting great skin on skin time with her daughter.

I can't believe we're mommies! We're in the hospital until Sunday or Monday. Once I can get back online, I'll eventually work on the birth story.

Hope all is well with you!

51 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many congrats to you both on Samantha! I have followed your blog since stumbling across it a few months ago. My partner and I are jumping on the TTC train in the fall and it's been so helpful having blogs like yours to follow. Samantha is gorgeous and such a what better end to a long journey than a sweet baby girl to love on!? Congrats to your whole little family!

welcome2ourworld said...

Awwwww...Congratulations. This has been a long, bumpy road for you but look at your daughter - beautiful. All the best for your little family :)

AdventuresInBabyMaking said...

Omg, was just thinking of you today and wondering if you'd beat the scheduled c/s! How exciting, moms! Congrats!

CD and SP said...

guess she was early as you suspected. congrats on your little bean-now the real insanity begins!

tireegal68 said...

congrats! she's gorgeous! can't wait to hear the whole story!

nutella said...

Congrats, she's lovely!

For the Long Haul said...

Congrats to you both! Glad to hear it all went well and you are enjoying those first moments.

heidi said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! She is simply beautiful!!! Welcome to the world Samantha!! We've been waiting for you!

Merr said...

Wow that was fast!! Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!! Can't wait to hear more and see more pics!

Ali said...

She's gorgeous! Congratulations mommies, my gf and I are sending lots of hugs to the three of you!
Ali & Lau

Laurie said...

Wow! Congratulations!! What a beautiful little girl!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad your little girl is here save and healthy. Take care of yourselves and I'll be looking forward to the update.

Dre said...

She is just darling! Congratulations, mommies!!! Enjoy every crazy, sleepless minute! Wishing you a speedy recovery with long stretches of sleep!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! Congratulations!

Pero-Luter said...

yeah! How exciting!!! I'm sure it happened so fast that you need to let it all soak in for a day or two! The skin to skin touch is the best feeling ever! Enjoy these next few days with your new family that you have WAITED so long for! (take it easy, too!) Congrats!

This Mom said...

Congratulations, she's just beautiful! I can't wait to hear her birth story, but in the meantime soak up every moment you can. She'll only be this little today and take lots of pictures. You'll be glad you did!

K J and the kids said...

You called it. Your water broke just like you said :)
Congratulations on your healthy sweet baby. I'm so happy for you both.

Can't wait to hear the birth story.
Take care of you.

Unknown said...

Hooray! You made it! Great job! Congrats!

Melissa said...

Congrats! She is so cute.

Anonymous said...

congrats she is just precious!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! What a blessing!

Jeanne said...

I'm a lurker, but oh my goodness congrats! She's beautiful! :)

sandra said...

Congratulations! She is so cute! I love the name Samantha too.

Dani said...

Congratulations! This is so exciting! She is adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! She is so cute! Glad to here that mommy and baby are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful :-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Our babies weighed exactly the same amount at birth! We should play those #s in the lottery!

I can't wait to hear your birth story!

Erin said...

congratulations, she's adorable!!

N said...

Well, you were right about going early! I'm so so so so so so happy for you!!!

Mina said...

sOh my gosh! Congratulations!!

2momsmakinalilluvbug said...

Oh Wow she is so super adorable congratulations and all the best to you all. I have enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to more. She is so precious! YEA

Anonymous said...

Hooray! What a beautiful baby and beautiful name. Congrats!

giggleblue said...

congratulations!

grace416 said...

She is such the perfect little peanut!! CONGRATULATIONS to you both.

Heather said...

aww!! She is soo cute! Welcome to the world Samantha!

Anonymous said...

Many congratulations to all three of you!

Trinity said...

She's beautiful, congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Oh, she's gorgeous! Many congratulations to you both.

Unknown said...

Welcome to the world little Samantha! You have some amazing mommies!

So much congrats to both of you. I feel like I've been following your blog forever during my infertility journey and I'm just so happy for you. I hope you continue to blog because I can't wait to watch Samantha grow! :)

moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

omg!!! she is amazing!!! I hope you heal quickly from you c/s. What a great surprise, coming early than on the scheduled day dont you think ? lol

Lez said...

Congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I've read your blog for well over a year now and am THRILLED that your healthy baby girl is finally here!

Wishing you, Becky and Samantha all the happiness your hearts can hold! ; )

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She's gorgeous.
Welcome to the world little Samantha!

Anonymous said...

Huge congrats Carrie! She is just beautiful!!!! Hoping for a quick recovery for you!!!! xoxo

j.k-c. said...

Congrats, congrats!!! She is beautiful!

Katy said...

Congrats!! Guess she decided she wanted to be early to the party of life! :) Enjoy, recover, and love! (My tip for writing the birth story- even if you aren't ready to publish it or type anything coherent, jot down some notes about big and minor things you don't want to forget. I felt like each day that went by I forgot more pieces of the story, and when I finally sat down to type it out I wished I had kept some notes to jog my very foggy memory!)

Kirsten said...

Samantha is beautiful! Congrats mamas!

Pomegranate said...

congratulations!

Ruby at Breathedragon said...

Congratulations!!!!

Ruby at Breathedragon said...

Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi mamas! I've been out of town (in SLC) so I'm late to the party but I want to offer BIG fatty fat congrats to you on your gorgeous daughter. I'm so happy this day has come.