I'm sick of this shit. Everyone I know quickly went back to their pre-preggo weight. I'm sitting here working SO HARD to lose the weight, and it won't come off.
instead, I am GAINING weight! Yes, gaining. (And I'm not doing weight lifting so it's not muscle)
Last week I had gained 1/2 pound and was mortified. So this week I worked out TONS, and ate perfectly all week.
Breakfast: egg + turkey bacon
Lunch: 80 calorie soup OR open faced turkey sandwich with little mayo
Dinner: Veggies and chicken or a Weight Watchers recipe
I got on the scale today, hoping I'd at LEAST had lost the 1/2 pound. I FUCKING GAINED 1.5 POUNDS!
How the fuck do you gain 1.5 pounds after a week like that. I could not possibly be trying any harder than I am, which means I will just keep gaining weight from now on. I will never get NEAR my pre-preggo weight.
I had 13.5 pounds to go. Now I have 15 pounds. I seriously want to cry right now.
Monday, July 5, 2010
Over it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
remember water weight gain can do it too! hows your salt? Do you have your post partum period yet? Could be hormones....be patient with your body and it will follow suit! hugs!
are you still bfing? your body is probably holding on to the weight because it needs it to continue to make milk. our midwife said there's 2 type of post-partum women: those whose bfing melts the lbs away fast, and other for whom it makes the weight linger and even gain. so, don't fret--there will be time later on for dieting.
PS - dieting is like, the worst thing you can do for your milk supply!!!!
Honestly, I think you're stressing too much and not eating enough. Your number one priority should be Sam and making sure you are producing enough milk for her. Stressing over your weight and not eating enough is accomplishing the complete opposite. Relax!
PS - I'd love to see more posts about your little girl! She's adorable!
actually doing a bit of weight lifting may help. how much time do you have to put in for weights 3x per week. i will be glad to share some of the workouts my trainer gave me. remember if you have more muscle, your body becomes more efficient and you burn more fat. its worth a try! email or facebook me anytime you want some ideas. andrea
Honey, I am about 10lbs from pre-preggo weight and no where near my previous size... Not the end of the world. You need a lot more caloric intake than that while bf'ing and your body may be freaking out. Also, my weight varies a lb or so everyday depending on how much milk I am holding for his next meal. Don't beat yourself up!
I'm sorry to read that your weight is not leaving. You are entitled to be frustrated and upset. Have a good cry if that is what you need. Then after that consider some alternatives. From the previous comments there seems to be some good ones. It may very well be water weight and may be due to bf'ing. If you can get some time, maybe it is time to see a nutritionist or your primary doctor. Maybe they can give you some kind of meal plan and exercise regimen to follow.
Whatever you choose to do, we here in blogland are behind you.
Sorry to hear about the weight gain. I don't have any helpful advice, just wanted to let you know that there is no rush to lose the baby weight so soon. Don't compare yourself to your colleagues as everyone's body reacts differently to pregnancy. For now just eat healthy enough that you are able to produce enough milk for Sam and add in some exercise when you can. Even a short walk twice a day would be good for you both. ;)
Carrie, I would have to agree with others that your milk supply for Sam needs more calories than what you are consuming. I know it's tempting to see fast weight loss, but I think your body is trying to tell you something.
FWIW. I'm still 7 lbs over where I started and it's almost 5 months post. Those lbs don't seem to want to budge even if I excersize or not. I think it's my body's way of holding on to what it needs.
You'll get there....just in a longer timeframe. Be patient with yourself.
When I talked with my OB about going on diet while I was breastfeeding, she said that if I diet/exercise TOO much that my body will go into "starvation" mode and cling to any fat it can (and store anything coming in as fat) to maintain what it needs to make milk. I agree with CD and SP, there are two types of bfing body types. It sounds like you know alot of the "melts off" ladies. Screw them. Feed your little lady and worry about the last 15 pounds later. You can always lose weight. This time with Sam will pass and you can never get the baby days back.
i agree, i don't think you are eating enough for a breastfeeding body, and therefore you are holding on to anything you can get.
a year later, i have the pregnancy, and pre-pregnancy weight off, and am now trying to get my post wedding weight off. you have time to loose it.
I agree with everyone else. You NEED those extra calories to keep up your milk supply. After I stopped breast feeding, the weight literally came off over night. Just relax and enjoy the time with Sam, cuz once you lose the milk supply, its hard to get it back. IT WILL HAPPEN! Your body knows best what it needs.
Post a Comment