Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pictures!

Ok, so I had my good cry yesterday over my weight gain (despite trying so hard to be healthy and exercise). I'll continue to exercise (went for a 1 hour fast walk today) and eat well. Last night I made us homemade pulled lamb gyros and strawberry shortcakes. They came out so good! I'll be sure to keep my calories where they need to be. Amazingly, my supply hasn't decreased at all the last few weeks, though, despite the caloric cutback.

Time for pics!!! I have a lot more (and some videos) to post soon. Samantha is 3 months old tomorrow, and she is so much fun. She grabs her feet, talks a LOT, had her first laugh. I absolutely love this age, and I am so completely in love with my baby.





6 comments:

Jessica K. said...

She is precious! She has such beautiful eyes!!
I dont want to sound rude but dont sit her up just yet. Babies shouldnt sit until they are about 6 months old. It's not good for their spine. You can let her pull herself up while holding her hands (so she will build up more muscles in her head and back) but she shouldnt be sitting until she is acutally able to do so herself. Many parents actually practise sitting with their kids in these bumbo seats. It's become a trend in the states but really isnt good for the childs development. It's natural that a baby first turns over, then crawls, then sits before it starts to stand and walk.
Please dont take this as judgement or anything similar. I dont mean it that way at all. Just wanted to let you know!
Have a blessed week!

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog since the very early and very dismal days, and I'm so happy to see these pictures. What a beautiful girl. How lucky you are!

Movie Gyrl said...

WOW!! Your gorgeous Sam is looking great!! Always love seeing pics of your little girl.

Anonymous said...

She is looking so beautiful!

And I'm so sorry this continues to be hard. I do have a little assvice that you can take or leave:

The website babyfit.com is really great for keeping track of your caloric intake in a way that doesn't harm you while you're breastfeeding (too few nutrients can mean dangerous situations for your health). It is actually possible to consume too few calories, and our bodies can go into a sort of starvation mode, hanging onto weight even more. I find that babyfit keeps me on track so that I'm eating enough to maintain my health while avoiding gaining (and sometimes even losing). It might prove to be a helpful tool for you, or it may just be a waste of time. Either way, it may be worth checking out!

Wishing you the best!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! As they grow, it just keeps getting better and better...it's great you get to be home with her for a little while longer!

Dre said...

That is one seriously adorable little girl!!!