The deed is done. Had my IUI yesterday at 4pm. I felt a little rattled getting to the RE's office. I'd had the most stressed week at work, and was so stressed before I left that my stomach was in knots. I know that can't be good for my IUI.
You know how I get my usual IBS-like symptoms when I get to the RE's office? (My gut does somersaults and I end up in the restroom for 20 minutes before feet go in stirrups) This time it wasn't as bad. Becky couldn't be there, as she had an important meeting at work.
The doc did the IUI, and it hurt, but was bearable. I hung out for 30 minutes reading magazines, and had my dog's favorite toy on my tummy. (For good luck) Becky even showed up, to my surprise! I'm really envisioning I'm pregnant this time. I imagined the swimmers reaching the egg and fertilizing it. I'm imagining myself pregnant now. In an odd way, I really do feel pregnant. I feel like it definitely worked this time. (We'll find out in 2 weeks) :)
The only downer was that the RE said the sperm count was only 6MM. She said my chances are OK, but not too good. I didn't let that get me down. (altho deep inside, I'm livid that all 3 vials have been below 10MM, the guaranteed amount from my bank)
If this IUI didn't take, she recommends 2 vials next time. I'm afraid to use Clomid, because I just KNOW I will be the next Jon & Kate Plus Eight. We tried to make a plan, though. If there's a next time, we'll use two vials, trigger shot, one IUI, and no clomid. If that doesn't take, then we'll do trigger shot, two vials, one IUI, and Clomid. (If that doesn't work, new donor time)
Well, now I'm back in the 2WW. This time I am not going to let myself obsess about every symptom, and drive myself crazy. I'm just going to live each day with positivity, and try my darndest to stay zen.
Ok, now onto reading all your blogs!
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Step Right Up, Boys! We Have a Lovely Egg for the Taking!
Labels:
clomid,
frozen sperm,
iui,
low sperm count,
trigger shot
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
Here's to a quick and positive TWW!
Good luck!
I believe you're pregnant, so this doesn't matter, but I have heard of people getting $$ back for low count vials. If your doctor will do the paperwork?
Fingers crossed for you in this TWW.
Swim Baby Swim! All it takes is one. Fingers crossed you have that one strong swimmer propelled forward by all it's friends into the egg zone. (I feel like it's halftime and I'm talking about winning the second half here!) Here's hoping your tww goes quickly and finishes positively!
Yeah, as far as the two vials go - it's hit or miss. Sure more increase your chances but they don't guarantee anything. Back in November we did four vials. It was the most we've ever done. We spent $1000 and gave it all we had. But nothing. Not even close. So, more can be better, but like I said, it really only takes one to make it - of course one needs friends to push past and get far enough to be able to dive in, but one. Only one. :) Good luck - I hope your one is headed toward your egg as I type!
best of luck!
Good swimmers! Good luck!
So excited!!!! Fingers crossed! I can't wait to read about your BFP in just 2 weeks!!
Oh, and clomid won't get you six babies unless something weird happens. It stimulates your eggs to release (making them healthier and fatter and right on time) so occaisionally more than one egg releases, but very rare that it would be more than two or three altogether. When you use more intense injectable fertility drugs you are getting your body to realse as many eggs as it possible can....this is where you are at risk of LOTS of babies...and usually with monitoring they will cancel your cycle if it looks like you are going to release more than a couple of good eggs. Hope that helps....Clomid is not nearly a s scary as it's reputation will have you believe. But you won't need to know any of this anyway because this cycle worked. :)
And I think you should let the sperm bank know...if the numbers are guaranteed...hold them to it!
hi you! i'm lovin your positive attitude!!! :) i have one, too for you guys. i'm wishin and hopin and prayin this is it! and i think it is, too!
and yeah, call up the cryobank and ask for your reimbursement if you haven't already.
thinking of you. looking forward to your HILARIOUS tww posts :)
gosh, i'm thinking that this one has to work! i have my fingers crossed for you in the tww!
try to stay sane!
Swim Swimmer Swim! Well, by now I think at least one of those boys has landed squarely on your egg and is getting down to serious business.
I hope you don't have to go through another cycle, but if you don't, Clomid wasn't bad at all. I was pretty freaked out about it, but it was totally fine.
Good luck for a speedy TWW wait--we're both in it together again.
Here is to a great TWW!!!
Post a Comment