Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Fuck!

== Update: My IUI is occurring Thursday, 2 days after my u/s. if my follie was 20mm today, won't it be 25-30mm by Thursday? (The Men0pur is making it grow 4-5mm a day) I feel like Thursday will be a dud, the follie will be too big to be healthy/fertilized. Everything I'm reading says on injectables, you don't want your follie greater than 20) Is my RE a dumbass with scheduling my IUI two days from now?==

I had my CD7 u/s. After 4 days of Men0pur, I have ONE follicle. Nothing else. My RE was expecting to see 3-4.

I have one. And that ONE is already too big (25mm). I trigger tonight, and do another hail mary IUI on Thursday. That's CD9, folks!

She said I may be one of those women who don't respond to injectables. If so, this rules out the possibility of IVF, too. We're going to try Gonal-F, but she doesn't think that will make a difference.

Has anyone else had issues responding to injectables? Did anything else work? I can't believe I have one massive follie again.

I'm struggling to face the facts here.....that my lifelong wish of being a mother, and conceiving my own child, may be gone. I'm seriously beside myself right now. This can't be real.

16 comments:

Pero-Luter said...

Keep your head up.. It only takes one!

Michelle said...

I also had zero response on an antagonist cycle of Menopur, but I do well on a microdose protocol of Bravelle, which is a simiiar drug made by the same company. The miscrodose protocol includes supressing for a month with BCPills and then Lupron, and then adding in the Bravelle at the end. It takes 2 months instead of one per cycle, but I have a good response to it.

Michelle said...

... and best of luck this cycle!

Anonymous said...

i feel like she can back you off and do an ultrasound a day or 2 earlier and your timing would be PERFECT! 1 follicle is all you need. it's all i got on injectibles the cycle it WORKED!! hang in there and demand your RE to do a better job with your timing and dosage. with IVF you do need a bunch of follicles, with IUI's that's the last thing you want! hang in there...

dariasquirrel said...

i know how you are feeling, i was there two weeks ago. i started my first injectibles (follistim high dose- 450 IU) and wound up with one "sure" follicle and it was 17.5 mm before i started to ovulate on my own. the other one looked too small. i was so frustrated after all of those damn shots, etc. i was told last month that i am not a candidate for IVF due to my egg supply and clomid challenge score (23) and the doctor said the quality was probably very low as well. he talked to us about egg donation as my main hope- giving me a 1% chance to conceive with my own eggs. we swam upstream and did the follistim as a last ditch effort and got what looked like sad results with the follies not maturing much and then my LH rising too soon and ovulating the "damn thing" early...so, we made the calls just yesterday morning to get my partners eggs checked out with a cd3 U/S and had started to move into that realm of thinking. it was so freaking hard to get over that hump and get there mentally, but i knew it would still mean a pregnancy for me since my eggs seem to be the only thing holding me back. this stuff is so painful. i am writing to tell you that after 12 tries and 3 donors and clomid and IUIs- after one month of follistim, a "nil to nothing" diagnosis, and likely ONLY ONE EGG RELEASED we just got a call yesterday that we are pregnant. i'm not writing this to depress you...i want to fill you with the hope that i had lost. try whatever you can, follow your dream as long as you can. i was at the end of my rope and was complaining the whole way to my bloodtest because i was so sure my cramps were my period again and "why the hell am i doing another freaking bloodtest???" my other friend who's been trying a few years just did the same protocol as michelle who posted earlier with the BCP, lupron, and then bravelle. got pregnant the first time. i am so in shock, but have to tell you, it CAN HAPPEN. amy is also so right on with backing off of your meds and doing earlier ultrasound. also- my RE wanted to do my IUI 12 hours after i said i knew i would ovulate and we said no because we felt it was too late. he allowed our indulgence at 24 hours after the trigger rather than 36...and here we are. in total and utter shock and still not sure this is REAL! (but sure hoping it is...) thinking of you, sending the hope i know is failing you right now, and sending lots of support from cyberspace. take care of yourself.

Carrie and MJ said...

You may want to think about trying a lower dose over a longer period of time as well. But as others have said - all it takes is one!

Anonymous said...

I have no advice, but I have hoards of hope for you. May that one big follie be all you need.

Lizzie said...

I'm hoping this one is THE one .... but if not, it sounds like others have good advice, messing with the timing and the dose, and trying other drugs and other protocols. It seems odd to me that after one round of injectables, your RE would already be saying you're not a good candidate for IVF. Seems like there is lots more research to do, lots of other combinations to try. Big hugs. Sorry for the roller coaster. xo

Jen said...

Carrie-I am so sorry you are frustrated and down. Not sure why our bodies respond the way they do. You produced one follie, I produced 12 (!!!!) and neither is what we wanted. Don't give up yet on this cycle and don't fret yet about IVF...hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Oh Carrie! I feel like my first injects cycle mirrored yours. One follicle... one big big follicle.

Wishing for you that the hail Mary works and you don't have to mess with timing like this again. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

They said it already - different drugs, different doses, it only takes one. They're all right, too, even though everything must feel like a disaster right now. I hope you won't need to try again. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

i've got all my fingers and toes crossed for you that the hail mary works. im sorry this is so frustrating.

Robbie said...

Sitting here wishing I had that magical set of words to make you feel better, but knowing they don't exist. So here goes nothing. Im thinking of you and genuinely wishing you the best. Too bad we don't live closer. I'd make you the BEST home cooked meal. Nothing can cheer you up like comfort food made with love. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Carrie! I feel for you! This process is so frustrating and makes you second guess and question everything. This med protocol is still baffling to me. I think it would just work the way it should. But, it is true - it does only take one. And I so hope this is your one. Positive vibes are being sent from Seattle!

Jill

bleu said...

I would absolutely learn how your body does on Follistim or Gonal....I would also want to make sure you are with an RE you have faith in, it means a WORLD of difference in every aspect.

I am so sorry you are dealing with this all.

Lizzie said...

hey. just checking in b/c i know you've been low lately. wanted to let you know that i asked my nurse today if my response to follistim (only one follicle) was any indicator/predictor of my ability to respond to IVF. she said absolutely not. she said the dosage of the drugs is totally different. they suppress you, and do all this stuff. that the two are not related. just wanted to reassure you on that, b/c i know that someone had indicated that your response to the first round of injectables was an indicator that you might not be a candidate for IVF and i just totally think that isn't so. xo