Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 23, 2009

Jon & Kate (& AllState, too!)

Jon & Kate made me vomit in my mouth tonight. Did you catch that horribly awkward AllState plug by Jon? (Right after an AllState commercial, no less) "I have a lot of work to do. My AllState agent told me to check out some tips on their website. So I am going to check out some money saving tips."

For real? Oh man, ok. Allow me to vent.

I used to love this show. I defended Kate, too. She was just crazy because she had to keep a tight ship. She was just misunderstood, right?

Well, now I feel like I've seen Kate's true side. Loveless, heartless, selfish, self-absorbed, mean to her husband, mean to her kids. She won't let her kids be kids. She won't let Jon be Jon. She demands attention. Kate makes my skin crawl.

I'll bet you $1M that the reason their new nanny "is kept private" is not because she's shy. It's because Kate has already decided, and made it quite public that she doesn't want anyone (but herself) to make money off the show. This is why she kicked her friends off the show, too. They were being offered money for all the time they're on camera, and Kate wouldn't have it. How ungrateful!!! For all the help she's been given!

The show used to be innocent. Now it's Kate letting fame to her head, it's watching the family get free VIP access to every event, making them even harder to relate to. And now the product placement....

I don't know if I can watch this horrible show anymore. Is anyone else going through viewer's remorse?

18 comments:

Anabelle said...

yes, after reading that blog by her friend (truth breeds hatred) I just can't watch it anymore.. she makes me so mad! If I ever treated my hubs like that, I'd expect him to sock me one lol

N said...

Their relationship has always made me uncomfortable, and now they just look like sell-outs. It makes me so sad for the kids.

Have you seen Gosselins without pity? (a blog. and I probably spelled their last name wrong, sorry)

Anonymous said...

i stopped watching a while ago, kate was just too much for me to take. the allstate plug sounds totally barf-inducing!

Heather said...

I can't believe that they are letting that happen to that show. I use to watch all the time, those kids are SO cute, but it has been getting worse and worse. She is SO mean to everyone it's sick. I was reading somewhere that they were getting a divorce because Jon cheated on her with some college girls.... true?

Anonymous said...

You took the words out of my mouth.

Jen said...

I completely agree. I haven't watched it in awhile b/c kate grates my nerves to no end. Reading her 'book' was the end of our relationship...she is crazy, ungrateful and her endless "struggle of infertility" through 2 IUIs sealed the coffin. 2IUIs!!!, if we could be that lucky. Witch.

Anonymous said...

My departure from this show was two-fold. It started with my research on why Aunt Jodi was no longer on the show and I found that blog truth breeds hatred. Horrible, especially after Jodi would watch the kids at any time (with her 3 in the mix), no questions.

The kicker was when they were moving into their new home and Kate told the kids to take a good look at the master bedroom because they were to never, ever set foot in there again. Sick? Too bad! She really said don't come in even if you're sick or hurt. What a B!! And she has always grated my nerves, so I no longer watch.

evangeline said...

i was so bummed when i read that he claims he didn't have an affair when all that stuff went down when he went home to help his mom. that woman is nuts.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I watched it once and then scanned some auto-bio they wrote online... and THAT made me throw up in my mouth (and not a little). I gave up on that shite a long time ago! Now hearing this makes me really want to barf... and, yeah, Kate did always seem kind of like she was miserable.

CD and SP said...

So glad you said it. We stopped watching a while ago (maybe a season or 2 back) for the same reasons. I just find them all so distasteful now. And, you've hit it on the head--entitled. Blech. The whole thing is gross. I would rather watch that lady with the 50 million kids than them, and that's saying a lot!

CD and SP said...

Oh, and we have a friend whose mother-in-law worked for Jon's dad in his dental office in PA, and she said the family basically drove him into an early grave because he had to work and slave to help support them. Ick.

jessie said...

I"m so mad that I wasted an hour of my life watching last night!

The Amily Diaries said...

I am with everyone else, I stopped watching a while ago but I did happen to flip through the channels last night and I caught the end of the show. Her body language towards Jon was very blocked. Then hearing her say all that stuff about how she is loving her CAREER right now and Jon doesn't like working from home but they will continue the show anyway. ugh!

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I saw some special on them before the show ever started and I thought she was pretty self-centered and a bit too much of a control freak. I don't like her, and as a result, I haven't ever been able to watch the show without being extraordinarily annoyed. Anytime I have caught the show, I've felt bad for the kids and her husband that she won't just let them be themselves.

CD and SP said...

I linked you in my last blog post--I hope that's alright! You inspired me to vent!

Melissa said...

Horrible and awkward. That episode with Jon and the Allstate plug was the last straw for me. Completely ridiculous.

shroomie said...

First time to comment- but this really did hit the nail on the head! I could not agree more. WE were watching the other night and were talking about the inane amount of 'promotion' that they do now - AllState, the GlobeTrotters...etc. Ridiculous! It is sad that she feels like she has to control both Jon, the kids- its just sad.

Michelle said...

check out:

http://gosselinswithoutpity.blogspot.com/

I refuse to watch anymore.