Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 9, 2009

17w and more drama. Sheesh

So I fainted again yesterday, at the Farmer's Market. My second time fainting, for no apparent reason. The one thing my two fainting episodes have in common? I had my intralipid infusion 1-2 days prior. I called my IVF doc.

He is really concerned, and is having me cancel my intralipid this Friday. Even tho my NK count is crazy high at 27! Sh*t. He thinks I'm developing a sensitivity to them, and continuing that treatment could be worse. Ugh. So now I have to pray to God that my high NK count doesn't end up in a fetus being destroyed.

Sucks. I'll retest again next week, and if my #s are still really high.....he MAY have me do an Ivig ($3,000!). But he may just have me stop all treatment and keep praying.

I would love if the universe could cut me a break! Well, at least we've made it to 17 weeks today, so that is something to be grateful for.

11 comments:

laura said...

Hi there-
You know I fainted alot my 2nd trimester for no apparent reason other than I was standing. It is possible just being upright has you "going out" so to speak. If you feel stringly about your treatments why not suggest 1 more- with the agreement youstay home for a few days after and try to stay off your feet? very best of luck.

Anonymous said...

Dear Pregnancy Gods,

I hereby request that you cease and desist in messing with Carrie. No. More. Drama. Got that?

Sincerely,

Bree

N said...

The fainting thing is SCARY. I've almost had it, too. (i know, not the same as having it. but still.)

Dear Universe: KNOCK IT OFF. NO MORE DRAMA FOR CARRIE. THE END.

Jen said...

Shitters. I saw your post on fb, so I was waiting for the story. Scary!?!? I hope your count stays low and this drama stops once and for all!

Anonymous said...

you are in my thoughts and prayers constantly. i am hoping that this is the end of your troubles

CJ said...

I think you should start carrying a very big stick and whacking away at the bad juju fairy! Hang in there! 17 weeks is aweseome!!

dariasquirrel said...

congrats on making it to 17 weeks, that is great news! on the flip side, i'm really sorry you're having to endure so much uncertainty...more than the average bear. much more. i did faint once during my second trimester, scared the s--t out of me. i feel for you and really hope that all of the good baby juju your blogreaders send you will balance out the universe and you'll be at 40 weeks with that little gem you're carrying in no time.

Rebecca said...

Sorry to hear about your fainting episode again and hopefully everything is ok.

At 17 weeks you're almost halfway there! Stay strong and positive!


Do you have an e-mail address I can contact you on?

Anonymous said...

just thinking about you. hope you are doing well

Anonymous said...

de-lurking here to check in on you and see how things are. Hopeing that every thing is well.
-Crystal

Anonymous said...

Hope you're ok? Just checking in.