Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Comforting. Not really.

I wrote my IVF doc's nurse back and asked, "Will things be ok with my elevated Natural Killer cells? How much of a threat is this to pregnancy?"

They wrote back, "Well, with monitoring and treatment, it's POSSIBLE things will still be ok."

They sure make it sound like our kid has one foot in the grave. I do wish so much, that I could enjoy being pregnant. I am so grateful for each day, but I don't enjoy it the way I wish I could. Every few days there's some new threat to the pregnancy, and it's exhausting. Can't things just go easy for a while?

I get my first of two back to back infusions tomorrow. This is infusion #6. They said I'd probably never have to do more than 2. Little did they know my body is a piece of F-rated junk.

5 comments:

Two Moms, Two Monkeys said...

Hey Carrie, so sorry things are still so stressful with the pregnancy. I couldn't imagine going through everyday in fear. I hope this infusion works, and I really hope your OB agrees to monitor you more closely. I can't believe after the "its possible your baby will make it" response, that they wouldn't WANT to monitor you more closely. Hang in there Mama...

Lizzie said...

Carrie, I'm so sorry you are so stressed out, and that your body is reacting like this. I hope the transfusion helps. I hope you can switch doctors to one that will monitor you more closely. Sending lots of love to your body, wishing and willing it to support this pregnancy. xo

Sarah said...

Hey, My friend that had an almost exact pg to yours (and a healthy baby) had infusions every week almost, or every other week. Keep the faith.

CJ said...

You sure do have a difficult situation with this. But you're handling it much better than many people would (do not roll your eyes at me like that! You do!)

Hang in there, that baby will thank you for it!

MFA Mama said...

Well, shit.