Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

28 weeks - fat mama, fat baby :)

Had my 28 week appt today. They started with a non-stress test, since I hadn't been feeling much movement. It took the nurses 20 minutes to find the heartbeat. The baby moved, but didn't elevate in beats per minute the way they wanted...but they feel it's because she's still only 28 weeks.

Had a growth scan. Baby measures about on target, but she WEIGHS 3 pounds! Yikes. Normally you want 2 - 2.5lbs, so maybe I need to watch what I eat. I don't eat bad, but I guess I could be eating more veggies and salads, less carbs. I'm so worried about having a huge baby. 3 pounds at 28 weeks is on the highest end of "normal."

Baby is still breech, still hasn't moved an inch. I bet she's gonna be stubborn and never move.

Ummm, I've gained 7 pounds in 4 weeks. WTF! I know I was on vacation and all, but I mostly ate sandwiches. Really? 7 pounds? Even my super angelic new OB gently told me to keep an eye on my weight. He said I need to only gain a few pounds between now and next month, and that my eating is contributing to baby's weight. Ugh. I know he's trying to help, and I needed to hear it. I will endeavor to eat better. I bought a salad mix on my way home.

Now for pics! Here's a 28 week belly pic. I look fat and nasty, but whatev. And here's a pic of baby from today's scan. She's got her arm up over her head. :)


6 comments:

K J and the kids said...

Jenny McCarthy (s[) gained 90 lbs when she was pregnant.
I have a friend who's a buck three if even that and she would gain 70 lbs each pregnancy (she's had 4) Everyone is different. If you are eating foods that you would consider to be good choices then great. And don't forget to have some icecream while you are at it. Calcium is good for you. :)
I'm sorry but come on....you're pregnant for hell sakes.
That baby just had a huge growth spurt and is still on the normal side. gorgeous baby profile by the way.
My vote is to be fat and happy !

Anonymous said...

You look great! Baby looks great, too. I vote for eating well, but not killing yourself doing it. :) You are pregnant, after all!

Mina said...

Honestly, I think you look great! And I'm so happy your little one is doing so well!

N said...

Seriously: it's not all about the food. I ate crap. Lots and lots of crap. Mostly because it was all I could stomach. And for most of my pregnancy, I lost, or gained very little. Towards the end, I gained a TON. And you know what? It had nothing to do with the food. I ended up having pre-e, and my body was clinging to water everywhere it could. So, yeah, it's good to keep an eye out on, but it's not quite so worrisome. I mean, yes, it's good to eat well. But it's not worth stressing about.

And babies have growth spurts, too. It's possible yours just had one. Just keep breathing. :)

I LOVE the pictures!

Anonymous said...

You look so maternal and radiant. You are pregnant and are doing the best for the baby. Don't let negativity ruin the fun!

Anonymous said...

You look great, and so does the little girl! I understand exactly how shocking it can be to gain much more than expected between appointments, but there's no reason to assume it will happen again. You both just had a growth spurt.