I woke up yesterday with terrible tinnitus, and it's still going strong 24 hours later. Has anyone experienced this in pregnancy? The ringing is constant and VERY loud. I tried to sleep with a white noise machine, but the ringing was even louder! It hasn't stopped at all, and I'm worried it will never go away now. :(
I've never really had tinnitus before - maybe for 30 min after a concert, but never for 24+ hours (and without cause). I wish it would stop.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Tinnitus?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Carrie, I developped tinnitus in my left ear during the 2nd semester. I went to all types of experts, from dentists, nose/ear doctors to neurologist but nobody was able to tell me why. I even took my wisdom teeth out unnecessarily after my son was born. It is still with me but it is not as bad. I have no clue why but it happened to me too!
I have had it off and on since getting pregnant, lasting 24-72 hours a stretch. It blows! And it always gets worse when things get louder (like being in a car). I had fluid in my inner ear and they thought it was likely that the ducts that run from ears to throat were plugged. Since you can't take a good decongestant during pregnancy, my doc recommended adding a tsp or so of vicks to a large bowl of boiling water, putting a towel over my head and breathing in the steam 4x per day. I also added a little just below my nose. It's potent and worked after the first day I tried it (though he said it could take a week). I hope this helps you too.
Im like Shaw, I have the same thing and it never went away. Had MRI's, Cat Scans, specialists. Mine is terrible. I can barely hear through my ear....I had my wisdom teeth out too. It drives me nuts! Now its more of a whooshing noise in my ear that is pretty loud.
i hope it stops soon!!!
I just used the regular Vicks VapoRub. I put the glass mixing bowl on the counter and leaned over it. You might want to give it a minute after you pour in the boiling water since its really hot. I think I was only able to stand doing it for about 5 minutes, if that.
p.s. I so don't mind the 20 questions. I totally understand the pain. Good luck!
Post a Comment