So I had an intralipid treatment today. They offer these nice heated pillows to rest your arm on, so it doesn't get cold from the fluids.
I turned my pillow to high (just a habit)....and 45 minutes later realized the pillow was covering half of my belly! It has a heating pad on top and bottom, so the pad was right on the left side of my belly. Ugh. I freaked out and turned the heat off.
I know it's a major no no to put heating pads on your belly....and look at me, 45 minutes on HIGH. Poor baby. At least it was half of my belly, not all. I can't help but worry if I've caused some kind of brain damage from it. The baby is moving around which is good, but I worry more about the developing brain.
I called my new OB's nurse. She said "There probbbbably wasn't any damage done, but don't let it happen again."
Eeek, I hope everything is ok. Or I would never forgive myself! Next time I get an infusion I will definitely NOT turn on the stupid pillow. Ugh.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Oh boy, was that stupid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment