Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Please, God, don't let me toot

I'm always afraid I'll be gassy the day my feet are in stirrups. You know, for the annual pap, the follicle ultrasounds, and eventually the IUI. It's become a huge fear of mine, and I'm worried that I've enabled my worst nightmare. ... I ate chili for lunch. D'oh! Now I've gone and done it. My ultrasound is at 9am on Monday, and this ought to give me toots for a good 48 hours. Chili is my kryptonite, I can't refuse it. I feel bad for my RE, little does she know. Just please, God, don't let me have gas on Monday.

With that topic out of the way, we had a nice Saturday. I woke up with a head cold, which sucked, but we made the best of it. Did the usual trips to BB & Beyond, Ho*me Depot, T@rget. We love those little married-couple-home-improvement things. Bought some cute shelves for the bedroom, candles, storage baskets, and we got B a wok. She's been begging for one forever, and since she's been cooking all the meals lately, I'm more than happy to throw down my Visa.

We took the dog to this beautiful park in Saratoga. Since I was under the weather, I just sat and read my magazines while B ran. It was a scorching 83 degrees today. (Apologies to any east coast readers, I know you're getting rain/snow right now)

Got home, and I did my fertility charting stuff. Monitor and OPK were negatory this morning, and I got another negative OPK at 3pm. But - my CM was dangerously close to EWCM, so what the eff does that mean? ugh. Maybe I should just give in to my RE, and let them do the HCG shots and monitoring. I've been hoping to do a completely unmedicated IUI based off charting and OPKs. I think my body is really wacky, though.

I wanted to say thank you to all the commenters, for the warm welcome into the blogosphere. Posting my silly blogs, and reading all of yours, has become daily ritual I look forward to. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. I totally feel ya on the chili!!! For me it's mexican food in general, which i LOVE, but....well, it doesn't quite agree with my system!!! Hope ovulation comes soon for you - as for whacky bodies, well, if I could do it, you can! I practically ovulated on a different day each month!! AND, for the parental units and their reaction - honestly, when you are preggers, only surround yourself with positive people. You will need support, not someone trying to make you feel guilty and throwing your emotions all out of whack. Anyway, sorry this is so long. Point is, it's going to be the best time in your life, YOU and your girl enjoy it! Wishing you tons and tons of good luck!

Kim aka Mommy said...

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! :o)

Our RE wasn't too interested in my charts either. Heck, they didn't even look at them! But if you've read any of our blog you know that they told us to POAS (the smiley face ones) and when we got a smiley to come in the next day for the IUI. So far, that's worked. 2 outta 2 times. Our 3rd didn't but I swear I think it's because we IUI'd a day too early. We're in the TWW of #4 and I'm feeling good about it.

I know everyone is different but that's how it's worked with us.

LOADS of luck! I can't wait to read about your BFP!

N said...

Ended up here through lesbianfamily, and just thought I'd give a hello and welcome. :)

Merr said...

Welcome to blog land! I look forward to reading about your journey.

evangeline said...

hey. my wife and i live in boston and are ttc. found your blog through chronicles of conception - looking forward to reading more about your journey!
we are at www.vergesradack.blogspot.com

babydust to you!!

shawn