Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 11, 2008

Survey says = Probably Not Fertile


CD9/OPK-/Monitor=Low/Mood = Content

Had a pretty good day today. Landed a big deal at work, and got Net.flix in the mail! (I'm still trying to figure out the blogging rules, where you put a "." in the middle of brand words. Can anyone fill me in on this? Is is to avoid sp.am? H.e.l.p!)

The LGBT center in our neighborhood had a "Pasta Feed" fundraiser. We decided to go, and force ourselves to be social. Since we moved to CA, we've been working long hours and we haven't built a friend circle. So...what the hey, right? Of course, we sat in a remote corner of the room, so perhaps defeated the purpose of socializing. Hmm.

To my very happy surprise, my good friend "M" showed up. She's a hoot. We were so glad to see her, and decided to go to Wednesday Bingo night next week. (If I tell you I just bought my first Crossword puzzle book, you'll REALLY think I'm getting old!)

I did my daily routine of fertility charting and "fun with speculums." Some fertile signs, but OPK and monitor still saying "no dice." Monday is my follicle ultrasound, then hopefully the first IUI soon after.

Now....can someone remind me of all the foods I cannot eat once we inseminate?

Happy weekending, darlings!

4 comments:

Amy said...

i just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to wish you good luck on your journey. we're on our journey now for the 2nd time.

thought i would share something i've learned along the way - since you're going the iui route your dr's are right, they don't need your charts. they will do everything based on blood results and follie measurements. our nurse was joking and called charting primitive when you're working with an RE, i guess it made sense. just thought i'd share that with you to give you one less thing to be anxious about ; )

our blog is http://raz.blogs.com if you'd like to stop by and say hi.

Robbie said...

We used our charts and Clearblue Easy Fertility monitor to get pregnant on the first try. Our first IUI on our "peak" day per the monitor and our temp spike day per the chart. Unfortunately our charts also told us of our impending miscarriage hours before the blood started. They may be "primative" but they're damn accurate. Chart away my dear. You do what's right for you and they'll do what's right for them. It doesn't have to be one way or the other. Good luck to the both of you.

Pufferfish said...

You know, I just blogged about this charting vs. no charting. I stopped charting when I started seeing my RE, but after 3 months have starting charting again + doing a little cervical mucus observation. It may be primitive indeed, but it's your body and you are the strongest advocate for what it is doing. It made me feel more in control of what was going on plus it's helping my acupuncturist treating me.
Good Luck with whatever you end up doing.!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just came across your blog and have been spending some time with it. I'm new to all this too and still haven't figured out why people do t.his. Spam I suppose you're right.

My Dr works off my follicles and blood tests and doesn't refer to my BBT chart. I do it for myself and I only chart the week leading up to ovulation and a few days after IUIs so I can watch the spike and smile and then leave it alone for two weeks.