Tomorrow I'm back in the stirrups, again! Thanks to everyone for the advice and support. So here's what went down, since my last post...
I've been OCD'ing on the OPKs, taking them up to 3x a day. I know, it's not necessary, but like they say, you can't argue with a crazy person. :) All three were negative yesterday, but man, the pinching on my right ovary is getting stronger. So I went to bed, feeling a little defeated and confused. How could I *still* not have a surge?
Things changed this morning. I eagerly bounced out of bed at 6:30am, and used my fertility monitor. Lo, and behold! I went from Low to High. Ok ok, that's good. I jumped back into bed, and burrowed myself into B. Half asleep, she slurred "how's the monitor?" "High!"
Fast forward a few hours. I stuck two OPKs in my work bag, and went to work. I had to pee all morning, and was dehydrated. Yuck. I went into the ladies room at 10am, and OPKd. It took a few minutes, but a positive showed up!
Allow me to digress for a moment, and talk about OPKing at work. If I am good at anything in this world, it's the art of secretly OPK'ing at work. I work in a very public place, no cubes, people always around me. For those of you who are new to OPKing at work, here's what I do. I must have a long sleeved shirt on, first. I reach into my work bag, fumble around, like I'm looking for my Blackberry. I shove the OPK up my sleeve, and hold it in place. I then grab my Blackberry and lift my hand out of the bag. It works every time. I then walk away, pretending to be making a phone call. That way, no one stops me, introduces me to a new employee, and the OPK falls out.
OK, back on topic. I IM'd Becks to tell her I got a positive, and she was excited. She also reminded me to drink OJ, since I'm still sick. I called my RE, to ask if I should reschedule for tomorrow, and she agreed that was probably a good idea. I moved my appointment to high noon (Wednesday). A few hours later, I POAS again, and it was positive! I felt really good about things. And finally, finally, with that second positive.....I could drink as much water as I wanted. I did, and I've been peeing hourly ever since. *happy sigh*
Noon tomorrow is official IUI #1! We'll see what happens. In case we don't BFP, we have a backup plan. On the day Aunt Flo arrives, B is taking me to Santa Cruz M.ountain B.rewing, to get my favorite oatm.eal stout. Then a ginormous sushi dinner, followed by a nice cabernet.
As for tonight, it's going to be good TV night. American Idol is on, and Juno just arrived via Netflix. Sweet.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
T Minus 17 Hours to (spermie) Blast Off
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
I've got everything crossed for ya! Woowhoo for your first and hopefully last IUI!
Woo Hoo! Let us know how the IUI goes. And I think you're evening out is a great idea. Actually, that was some of the best advice given to me by a co-worker who used our RE. She and her husband would plan an evening out - either to celebrate or to regroup and rejuvenate - on the day they were to find out if the cycle had been successful. Fingers crossed for you!
you haven't seen juno yet? it was only like the BEST MOVIE OF 2007!!! you have to watch attonement also - wait, it's on dvd already, right? i heart netflix.
hooray, good luck!!
YAY!!!!! GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!!!!
Back up plans are good - crossing fingers you won't need it though!!!
Wonderful! OPK peeing is tricky indeed. I have to pee in a cup, so sneaking a stick AND a dixie has proved challenging. I'm so happy you got your positive and am all crossed for your IUI!!
Wahoo!!! good luck! Sending baby dust your way!
BTW - I haven't seen Juno yet. I know I suck.
Sounds great!! I'm all hopes for you two!!! Lots of good luck your way, and hears to a BFP after your first IUI!!!
Post a Comment