Hey all, we're back! We had a great time on the east coast. Saw a ton of friends, met their babies, went to a wedding in NY, saw our favorite haunts. My only regret is that we didn't get a chance to hang out with the Verges-Radack gals.
So now I have some sad news. We were so excited for Try #3, and I had my mid-cycle ultrasound this morning. The doctor was super nice, but he threw me bad news, after bad news, after bad news.
Blow #1: He said I have no follicles this month.
Blow #2: He said I have a gigantic cyst on my left ovary. He said it's likely the result of my HCG trigger shot.
Blow #3: He said it will take 4-6 more weeks for the cyst to go away, and until then I will not ovulate.
Blow #4: He noticed a growth inside my uterus. He said I have a polyp in there, but wants me to get a second opinion. If it it a polyp, it will hinder my ability to get pregnant.
Blow #5: He recommends I have another HSG (dammit, those SUCK), so they can identify the polyp.
Blow #6: I have to wait until next cycle to do the HSG, then it could take another month or two after surgery to be able to TTC again.
Blow #7: All in all, we're focking sidelined for 2-3 months right now.
We've only tried two times! And now we're sidelined with injuries. I'm trying to stay positive, but this is really devastating so early in our journey. A lot of this is a result of the HCG trigger shot...unfortunate side effects. I'm worried about continuing the trigger shot, if it means we keep losing 3 months after that. But I'm worried to NOT do the trigger shot, and it means we have no effing clue when I ovulate. As you all know, using frozen sperm necessitates almost exact ovulation timing.
I just can't believe this is happening. Has anyone else been through this? My second ultrasound is Wednesday afternoon. Between now and then, I am generating a long list of questions.
xx
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Sidelined already??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
OH honey, I just read your post with mouth dropped open. This is such bad news to come home to, I'm so sorry.
I haven't been through any of this, so I have no advice to give. I had no idea about the trigger shots!
I guess the good part is that you have excellent medical care and you are getting things checked out and taken care of now rather than continuing to try and not knowing what is wrong with you.
Small consolation, I know, but just trying to focus on the positive. I hope these 2-3 months fly by for you and you come out the other side with a clean bill of health and ready-to-go!
Hi girls... well I am sorry about all of this. My sis in law had the same thing recently- a cyst, pollops etc and had it all taken out, she thought she wouldnt get preg for ages and was preg the next month, so things will go quick.... try to make the most of the time.. I am so sorry! I dotn know anything about the shots, as we cant access medicial help over here (unloess you are infertile, which I am not) our baby was concieved with a donor in our own home, so I have no idea. Do get a second opinion though!!! They may say its not that bad! xx
Shit! I'm so sorry. No advice, just thinking of you.
Ugh.
Hearing you might have a polyp (having just gone through that) is never Fun Times. I hope things manage to clear up for you fairly quickly, and you can be back in the game.
Oh, i get it. I do. And it sucks. We started six months ago and because of sidelining, have only had 2 tries. It's beyond frustrating. Take care. Try to use the summer to take care and nurture yourself?
I'm sorry, that all sucks! I'm glad you seem to have medical help on your side and hope that things will be taken care of quickly and painlessly.
Wow...that is definitely a long list of bad fertility news. I'm so sorry. I hope answer come swiftly.
xoxo
Sidelining always sucks, even when you choose it yourself, but when it's due to things out of your control--and when there are medical issues on top of it, it really blows the big one. I am so sorry to hear this, but I hope that the months fly by and that all of these issues are quickly and easily resolved. In the meantime, enjoy yourself. Indulge in all of the things you've been trying to avoid. It helps soften the blow a little. Big hugs. xoxo
That is terrible news! Take the time off to have fun and relax ( even though I'm sure that you don't want to relax)... Come back into the TTC game with a healthy body, that is whats important!
Welcome back!
So, so sorry that you got all that bad news. But I'm glad that you are getting the medical attention you need.
I did IUIs (1 a month) and NEVER had a trigger shot or ultrasound monitoring. Just used clomid and OPKs. It did take several tries, but I got my BFP without a trigger shot. Do you not ovulate on your own? Hope that helps.
I landed here through IVP, I think?
I hate shitty setbacks! I also hated that HSG, I totally hear ya! I hate the trigger shot, because I can do that on my own, but like you said, they do that for the timing.
I had a huge polyp removed last summer, and the surgery that I had itself is no biggie. I had an hysteroscopy, and they just went in vaginally and removed it.
Hopefully time will fly and you can get back on track soon.
Oh Carrie. I'm so sorry. Damn. I hope the time can fly by for you, and all of this gets cleared up as quickly as possible. 2-3 months seems long I know....but at the end of it your body will be in the best tip-top shape for making a baby. I'm sorry though, all that probably doesn't make it feel any better. You're in my thoughts and we will be here supporting you EVERY step of this journey. Good and bad (hopefully a sh*t-ton more good right!!!?) xo.
Shit!
Well, I haven't been through it but I totally know what it feels like to be sidelined so early on. And it just sucks. But, things are gonna work out, I know it doesn't feel like it now.
Sorry we didn't get to meet up. Maybe next time. Hope your trip was awesome :)
Keep us posted and hang in there!
Oh dear. I'm so so sorry love. ox
Post a Comment