You know that John Mayer song, "Your Body is a Wonderland?" Well in my case, my body is more like a carnival. A carnival in a trailer park.
I had my IUI last Thursday. Since then, I've had HORRIBLE cramps in my left ovary, and even woke up to debilitating pelvic pain. For the past 4 days, I've had extreme bloating, severe cramps, and lots of random pain.
I finally broke down and went to see my RE today. She took a look, and blurted out, "Ummm, no wonder you're in a lot of pain!"
Diagnosis:
1. My giant follicle had ruptured and spilled lots of free-floating fluid into my pelvic cavity. (causing severe cramps)
2. That giant follicle has now become a giant 4cm blood-filled cyst. Yes. I said 4cm and I said blood-filled.
3. Some of that blood is leaking into my left ovary. Hence, the pain.
4. I have two other smaller cysts on the same ovary.
I feel better knowing it wasn't constipation! I knew it wasn't. This pain is something I can't explain. I can't button my pants, I can sit up straight. Bleh.
But here's the amazing part: I feel fine mentally. Maybe it's because we've had non-stop obstacles and bad news, and now I'm turning into the crazy person who laughs at carnage. Perhaps, though, it's because this will force us onto a much-needed break. It will take a few weeks for the cyst to go away. As much as I knew I needed a break after all these crazy fast and furious fertility meds and procedures, it's hard to put the brakes on. It's hard to stop when you want something so bad.
This settles the matter for me. We're taking a break, whether we like it or not. Deep down, perhaps I do like it. My RE said total pelvic rest, little to no exercise. She said absolutely do not bike ride. Well, two days ago we'd planned a 2 hour strenuous bike ride, and oddly, Becks got two flat tires in less than 15 minutes. I rode back to get the car. We never ended up doing more than 20 minutes of biking.
Maybe someone was watching out for me. :)
PS - THANK YOU to everyone for your thoughtful comments to my last post. They meant so much to me, and I read them all multiple times. I really don't know what I'd do without all you kind people in the blogosphere!
Monday, March 9, 2009
My Body is a Carnival
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



16 comments:
Oh no! I'm so sorry you've been in pain & your follie ruptured & developed cysts. That is just too much. I think your body is definitely screaming out for a break, and you are wise and brave to have a good attitude about that. Lots of love.
Oh no! I'm so sorry you've been in pain & your follie ruptured & developed cysts. That is just too much. I think your body is definitely screaming out for a break, and you are wise and brave to have a good attitude about that. Lots of love.
That's really scary! I'm so glad that you're okay, and that you're going to have a chance to rest. You deserve some "me" time!
You are right, we are on parallel universes! I couldn't exercise for 3 weeks, couldn't sit up and eventually threw out my neck/back b/c I was sitting so awkward. Be careful and do take it easy! Being on a 2 month *demanded* break at this point, I am actually feeling great mentally! The shock wears off and things do sometimes happen for a reason... but, I can't imagine a 4cm cyst. Oy vey.
Yikes - that is one huge blood filled cyst - OUCH! Glad you are OK, that is scary. Maybe the break will be a good thing to collect your thoughts and spend some non TTC time together.
Cysts suck. I had 3 of them after last year's "Clomid challenge" debaucle (my body doesn't get along with Clomid we found out.) Very weird pain, very sharp. I took nearly two months off as they shrunk. I also ate some great sushi, drank wine when I felt like it, and let go a little. Hard when you're on this journey to "break" but I do think your body somehow knew your brain needed it to revitalize. Hope you treat yourself to some non-TTC pleasures!!!
OMG, what a nightmare!! im glad you broke down & went to the RE!
i hope you are able to re-energize and pamper yourself during the forced break.
oh no. Carrie - I'm sorry. It does sound like your body is telling you something. I hope that the break is just what you need. And I'm glad you are okay (mentally especially). We all know what a toll this whole process takes.
sorry sorry sory that i never have time to just SIT and read blogs anymore. but this sucks. really sucks. i hope you are doing ok ... maybe take a break in boston!!!
Oh Carrie, that's horrendous! I get where you're coming from on being semi-relieved about the break, but this is a horribly scary way to get benched. I hate that for you and hope that it never ever happens again.
Take great care of yourself.
my wife had a similar blood and fluid filled cyst on her ovary that our RE had to drain. It was humungous and super painful as well.
i hope you get the clarity you seek while on break. hang in there...
OMG! UGh the pain sounds horrible. I hope this break is good to you. You deserve more than all this pain. *hugs*
You poor thing.You must be in such pain. I hope you heal quickly and this break helps more than hurts.
Oh my! Sounds scary and painful Good thing you went when you did! Wishing you a speedy recovery and GL on your journey!
Emily
cyclesistas
Oh man, I'm so sorry! I hope everything turns out all right and glad you are okay. Very scary!
Mrs. Olson from cyclesistas
Oh Carrie, I am so sorry. You have had such a hard time - so unfair. I hope the break is jsut what your body needs. Hugs to you, my dear. Thinking of you.
Jill
Post a Comment