Update: RE left me a message saying I should come in Saturday morning for an appt. Pain for 3 days doesn't seem normal. Who knows, maybe there's an infection with the cyst, and I need surgery. I would just really like this pain to end soon. I left a vm with RE's office to schedule an appt tomorrow. Waiting for them to call me back. I'm trying not to get too down, but I did have a mini crying fit earlier, with the "Why is this happening to me?" song. :)
------
Ok seriously this week sucked. Since Wednesday, my cyst has been causing me anywhere from mild to severe abdominal pain. At the same time, I've had a 6-day migraine.
I missed work yesterday because of the cyst pain. My RE offered to do an u/s, but I didn't want to waste $500 from what's left of my fertility benefits. Today I woke up and the cyst pain felt 50% better, but my headache was worse. I went to Urgent Care, missed work again, and after some heavy narcotics, my headache is gone.
The cyst pain - is back with a vengeance. Really bad cramping on my left ovary. I don't think the ovary is twisted, I've been laying on the sofa for 3 days. I don't know what's going on. Is the cyst leaking nonstop? Is there something else? All I know is I'm sick and tired of this constant pain.
If, by Monday, I STILL have these shooting, constant pains - I will go see my RE. I was wanting to avoid surgery, but I'm starting to wonder if it's now necessary to make this pain stop. I hope the cyst isn't getting infected or something, that would suck.
Has anyone ever had cyst pain for 3 days straight? What should I do? I can't afford another urgent care visit. Should I wait until Monday? The pain was 50% less today, until about an hour ago. Is that progress?
I miss feeling normal. :(
Friday, April 17, 2009
SOS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Oh no, that sounds terrible!
Unless your RE's office can reassure you (over the phone) that your pain is 100% normal and that it will subside soon, I think you need to get seen. If heavy migraine meds aren't touching that pain, that says something.
Thinking good thoughts of quick (and free) resolution of your pain. Barring that, thinking good thoughts that you'll get compassionate care soon!
I have no knowledge at all about cysts but I am thinking that unending pain is a bad thing.
Hoping you feel better soon.
I have no experience with cysts, but if I were you I would at least call the RE and see what they say. I can't believe you are going through all that pain on top of the migraines.
I really hope you feel better soon.
Gosh, I'm not sure (totally not helpful, I know). When my cyst ruptured last month the pain was awful, but it only lasted about 2 hours. I would be cautious b/c if it gets too bad, it could become danagerous. Could your RE office code your u/s as not fertility, but radiology for general women's health? I know they can sometimes play with the insurance codes. This has become a matter of day-to-day health, not fertility. Let us know how it goes and what you decide.
im glad to see the update - i was gonna urge you to call the doc, that much pain doesnt sound good. i hope you get some relief soon.
Oh, honey. I'm so sorry. I'm just getting caught up (have been away) ...
Post a Comment