Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Update from last post

Fuck. I just got back from my RE appt. Bad news on top of bad news.
The cyst really isn't shrinking, it's filled with blood. Long story short, my RE thinks there's a 75% chance I have endometriosis.

Fucking endometriosis. Which basically means my only shot in HELL of getting pregnant is IVF.

I go back in 2.5 weeks for another look. If it magically shrinks a lot, I might be ok. My doc was pretty straightforward, and said this looks like an endometrioma cyst, which means I've developed endometriosis.

I am sinking into a hole of bad news followed by more bad news. Seriously, I feel like the next time I go back she'll tell me I have cancer.

Well, endometriosis changes things, that's for sure. I'm just really struggling to hold back the tears today, guys.

14 comments:

Pero-Luter said...

Hang in there. You have a diagnosis now and you can move forward. My friend had the same situation and was successful on her first try with IVF.

Anonymous said...

Don't fear the IVF. It usually works - especially for someone your age. And the injections - well, you get used to them. The day I stopped my nightly trio of injections, I felt a little sad to be honest (I know that sounds sick and crazy, I guess I got comfortable in the routine of it all).

I agree with CoM that there is a silver lining in having a diagnosis. This will help define your path and give you guidance. I know you've already got the strength (even if you you have to go digging for it a little). Hugs to you.

Anabelle said...

i have endometriosis and a three year old... don't lose hope

Melissa said...

What an emotionally draining day. I'm so very sorry. Sometimes you just have to cry, don't hold it in.

Anabelle said...

(in response to your comment).. I didnt' have to do any major fertility treatments other than go on BC for a few years... I skipped the sugar pills so that i never got my period. that helped clear out what ever mess was in there from the endo. (As endo does its damage when you get your period.)

I didn't have to do it for 2 years, but I wasn't ready to have a baby yet so that's the route I went.

Once I was ready.. I had me some sex... and I was pregnant fairly soon after that.

its certainly not the end of all hope. At least you know what's wrong.. perhaps if you go on BC for a while and give your uterus time to heal, you'll be able to conceive easier.

I definitly beleive understanding the problem is a huge step in the right direction.. chin up! You've just won half the battle. :)

Anonymous said...

Having this knowledge is so important, and it doesn't take you too far from the path you thought you were taking, right? Still, this is a huge blow, and I know it hurts, and I'm so, so sorry. I'm just convinced that you're going to have your baby. I am. Sending you healing and light from the northbay.

Anonymous said...

Oh Carrie, what sad news. I'm so so sorry. I know that IVF has been on your radar... I hope that it proves to be the right next step, the one that helps you join the pregnant/bump crowd.

Wishing good things for you, and hoping that the pain and suffering of the present gives way to a much more comfortable future.

Jen said...

I am so sorry that there is such a struggle. Damnit. But, the silver lining (if there is such a thing) is that if you do have a diagnosis, then you know where to go from here and if IVF is your shot, then you can get there that much sooner....thinking about you and glad that you went in today. And, I agree, cry, SCREAM, whatever you need to do...

Inlocoparentis said...

God, what crappy news. IVF is overwhelming and expensive. I get it and I'm sorry.

vee said...

Oh man. I'm so sorry you continue to get showered with shit like this. Sending shrinkage vibes.

jessie said...

fuck. i would be so upset. IVF is so damn expensive - can you ladies work it?

cindyhoo2 said...

I am so sorry for your bad news. Sometimes it just feels like we have bad news followed by even more bad news. But like most people said, IVF is do-able and lots of people with endo do end up with a baby. I hope you feel better soon.

R said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. My doc recently told me that she thinks I have PCOS, and it's been pretty devastating. Is there any way you can get a second opinion?

Either way, remember that this isn't the *end* - if you do end up getting IVF, that's just another way to do it (yes, more expensive, but your likelihood of pregnancy would go *way up*, according to various sites I've checked - as high as 50%!). So it's not the end of the road, just another fork - it'll happen for you. Don't lose hope :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Carrie. I hope that your next appointment brings some resolution, whatever the next steps may be.

HUGS.