Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'm Thirsty....

Still in the game, which is good news. We had another u/s this morning. I've got somewhere between 16-18 follies, most of which range between 18-19mm. Doc said everything looks great, and we trigger tonight at 9pm!

Retrieval is Monday at 9am. I won't lie; I am nervous about that horse needle going through my vag. A friend at work had IVF, and said she felt most of it, and it was a nightmare. My doc swears I will be drowsy from a light anesthesia, and won't feel the procedure. Eh, did any of you guys feel it?

After my retrieval, they will keep the IV in, and I'll do a 2-hour intralipid infusion to smack up my NK cells. (Seriously, my body is the Terminator. My uterus probably has "T-1000" written on it somewhere)

Until retrieval, I am on liquid restrictions. The ONLY liquid I can drink all day is a 1L bottle of Gatorade. That's it! I am so effing thirsty you guys. This continues possibly up through transfer. one bottle of gatorade a day.

Thirsty + bad headache = bitchy me. :) No, despite the pain I am so very grateful to have made it this far. One hurdle at a time. I hope we pass Monday's hurdle, too. I've learned to never, not for one minute, take anything for granted in this process. (Remember how I thought I'd get preggers on the first IUI? HA! I'd have an 8 month old right now) :)

5 comments:

Pufferfish said...

I just wanted to reassure you that Chicken felt absolutely NOTHING at the retrieval and had almost no side effects afterwards as well.
I don't know what happened with your friend...but that's highly unusual and I'm really sorry for her.
Come on Monday morning!!

Heather said...

Laurie felt NOTHING either... She was OUT for the whole thing. I hope that all goes well on Monday.

amy said...

my wife felt nothing at the retrieval. wishing you lots of luck on monday...

Anonymous said...

i felt nothing..
where i went, you got your iv, waited a bit, then you walked to the room when it was your turn.. they drugged you up and then next thing i remember is waking up in the recovery room. I was walking within 20 minutes and out of there.. I was a little crampy afterwards but it sounds like you've had worse pain.. so it really wasn't that bad.. i didn't even need the codeine they gave me.. it really felt more like someone punched my stomach for a day or so.. but nothing bad.. just don't think of the needle..
GOOD LUCK!

S. said...

no feeling here either! actually, it was a very relaxing anesthesia. I felt very well rested afterward. the transfer was way worse for me - i took one valium, which did nothing...