Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

OUCH


HOLY.LUPRON HEADACHE. BATMAN.

I have had a massive headache for 2 days now, on Lupron. It keeps me up all night, and I threw up several times last night/this morning. Are you kidding me with this stuff? I feel like I'm injecting poison into me. I have 17 more days of this!

These headaches are non-stop. After suffering for 18 hours, it finally went away after 2 Advil, Vicodin, and strong Rx migraine med. Lo and behold, it has returned a mere 6 hours later.

Son of a biznatch, this hurts. Did anyone else get a Lupron headache?

12 comments:

Michelle said...

I totally get the headache!! Although mine are nothing like what your describing... mine feel kind of like I'm walking around with an screwdriver in my skull. I only get them the first three or four days of Lupron.

cindyhoo2 said...

Oh, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I did have Lupron headaches but not nearly as bad as what you are experiencing. I suppose your predisposition to migraines is kicking your @ss right now. Can the RE back down your dose at all (like from 10 units to 5)? If not, keep eating those good drugs like skittles.

N said...

Ugh. Most everybody I know who went on it got them, and I agree with the person above that your predisposition to headaches probably makes it worse. I'm so sorry. I am told it gets better when you start stims; I hope hope hope that's the case for you.

jessie said...

you poor thing with the headaches!! i hate them!

Jen said...

Holy shit, I hope you get some relief soon. Have you talked to your RE about this?

Laurie said...

Ouch! I didn't have Lupron headaches... but I've had a headache every day since May 27th! So I can relate to the *constant* pain. I hope you get to feeling better!!

Inlocoparentis said...

My R.E. recommended acupuncture twice a week for Lupron side effects, and although I was skeptical, I do think it made a difference. God, I hope it gets better for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Mr. Yuk! I'm sorry that's happening to you. You're always so prone to headaches anyway (understatement anyone?), that adding a scary one like Lupron must make it a hundred times worse. All I'm doing is hoping that you get some short-term relief PLUS a long-term payoff for this unpleasantness!

Pufferfish said...

Oh Carrie, that sounds horrible. I'm so sorry you are having the Lupron headaches. I was super lucky and never had one, but I was in fear of them.
I second that you should try acupuncture. It certainly can't hurt at this point.
I really hope they get better.

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I've had 3 day migraines before and know the pain you must be in. Have you started the acupuncture yet? Maybe that would help.

p.s. What migraine meds are you on? Are they safe for ttc/pregnancy? I'm looking for something new.

The Amily Diaries said...

sorry sweetie. All i can do is send you good thoughts till you get through. hugs

mama bea, bao in the oven said...

Just catching up on your blog and I'm sorry that the Lupron is taking over your brain! I hope that ends soon. Geez.
I have to say, too, that I think you are incredibly brave for facing all you will have faced with ttc so far and what you are about to face with this next phase. I hope for you that none of the scary possibilities come true, and that you have a wonderful and healthy pregnancy with a happy healthy baby at the end. I am rooting for you ladies!