First, thank you all for the warm wishes and prayers. I'm happy to report that I'm not totally out of the game!
I had my ultrasound this morning. It was a very quiet 40 min car ride to the doctor's office. I was psyching myself up for disappointment, as well as pushing on my left ovary because of the moderate pain.
Here's how the u/s went down:
The bad:
1) My hemorrhagic cyst has come back!!!! It's growing with the FSH meds, too. It's now 20mm. This effing sucks because the only way to remove them is laparoscopy, which I will NOT do again. The cyst looked huge on the screen, and was a real bummer to see.
2) My follicle count has decreased a bit since my last baseline u/s. It was originally 19 follies, and today they could see about 16.
The good:
1) It appears (to be confirmed on Thursday), that my follicles are still growing in response to the FSH meds. It seems as though the cyst is grabbing some of the juice, but not all of it.
2) Doc says the cyst SHOULDN'T cancel my cycle, as long as the follicles are able to keep growing in response to FSH stims.
So - they want me to come back on Thursday, to see if my follicles are still growing. It's a one day at a time kind of thing, but at least early signs point towards hopefulness. There is still hope for this cycle......at least until we get Thursday's results.
In a sad/funny way, this is the first doc appt I've ever had (in the middle of a stim cycle), where I didn't get TOTALLY devastating news. Just kinda bad, kinda good news this time....but I'll take it!
Thanks again for all the blog-love, and for being the best cheering section a blogger could ever have. :) I hope to have another hopeful update for you on Thursday.
And now, I leave you with a photo of me and my oldest nephew, Tyler. (This was a year and a half ago, before the 20lbs gain from TTC!
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Still in the game
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
I am so glad that you are still a player this cycle!!!!!! Such good news. Hang on to hope and I can't wait to hear about Thursday's appointment.
That is good news! Like you said, one day at a time in this TTC game.
Don't get too down on yourself about the twenty pounds, since I've stopped TTC I shed weight easily. My 20 is gone and I really don't feel like I worked that hard! It's that water weight and hormones, I tell you!
I'll be away when you get your next results on Thursday but guaranteed I'll be thinking about you that day. Fingers crossed.
im keeping hope alive for you and will keep fingers crossed until thursday! so glad to hear you are still in the game.
Greatness!!!
Glad the news wasn't all sucky. Your nephew is very cute!
Carrie, what positive news! You deserved some, for sure!! I'll have my fingers crossed for you this week, and will think about you on Thursday.
Woohoo!! I'm so happy that the cycle wasn't canceled. And what a great picture :)
woah you had quite the weekend. I'm sorry I'm just now jumping into your cheering section for the most recent battle, but glad to hear that things are looking up for Thursday! Hope all goes well and you get to move forward. Fingers sooo crossed!
that's great news!
my partner also had a huge cyst growing while she stimmed during her ivf cycle and our re drained it during her cycle successfully and it resulted in our 5 month old baby girl. hang in there!!
Woo freakin Hoo! I'm hoping Thursday's appt is ALL good news.
Awesome!
Awesome! I'm cursing that cyst though. Fingers crossed for Thursday!
Post a Comment