Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Don't Laugh, but I'm still not convinced! :)

Can I really be pregnant? I read an article that said by the 6th week, 85% of women have noticeable symptoms like morning sickness, etc.

My boobs are slightly sore, and I am bone-dead tired by 3pm each day. I sleep like a rock.

Other than that - NOTHING. No m/s, no extra hunger, no food aversions, no super sore boobs. Even the stretching cramps/twinges disappeared 2 days ago.

is there really something still in there? I mean, it IS possible that it stopped growing. I know each time I've worried about this, my HCG comes back strong. I am not freaking out like before, but more mildly concerned....and calmed by the fact that so far my intuition has been wrong every time. :)

But seriously, wouldn't it drive you crazy? I'll be 6 1/2 weeks tomorrow, and had I not done IVF, I would have ABSOLUTELY NO suspicion that I was pregnant. Not at all.

Tomorrow is the big day with the ultrasound. Please let there be a little pup pup in my belly!

20 comments:

Two Moms, Two Monkeys said...

lol you will feel this way constantly until you are finally able to feel their little kicks and then that will satisfy your constant need to know that all is ok. As for the symptoms the tiredness was all I had. I barely made it in the door from work and went right to bed and didnt wake up until the next morning. I thought I was going to sail through the first trimester because I wasn't sick either (not so much) I think by week 8 I was miserable, so enjoy the time you have!

Anonymous said...

throw that article in the trash can. now.

i didnt feel sick until 9 weeks - you are perfectly normal and are still pregnant.

cant wait to hear about the u/s tomorrow!! :)

Vanilla said...

If you need any reassurance, tune in to that "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" show. My partner has long tired of the repetitive story line (woman suddenly has terrible pain, pushes out a baby, and DIDN'T EVEN KNOW SHE WAS PREGNANT! And had NO PRENATAL CARE! Is the baby OKAY?!), but she still lets me watch it anyway. Evidently, it's possible to go through an entire pregnancy with no symptoms, and enough women experience this phenomenon that there's a whole show about it. So, don't fret! I'll be rooting for you at the u/s tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

How in the world are we going to keep you on a puppies-and-kittens-only reading protocol for the next 15 weeks until that reassuring movement kicks in? ;-)

Although I had some symptoms, they were pretty mild and wouldn't have stood up to your symptom scrutiny, my dear. The only true first-tri symptom I had was tiredness. Which is actually a great one if you allow yourself to nap when you need to.

Looking forward to good news tomorrow!

N said...

That's MORE than enough symptoms. Really. :D


Thinking good thoughts for your scan tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

So many women don't feel much at all until later into the first trimester, and even then, there are plenty who don't feel much at all. Yes, watch the "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" show. It will do wonders for your confidence! :-)

Honestly, though, I think for many women m/s and the extreme fatigue don't really settle in until week seven or eight. They didn't for me, and even then they didn't last long. Perhaps the universe is just giving you a well-deserved break. After all you have been through to get here, don't you deserve to have it easy for awhile?

Anonymous said...

The "ick" didn't start for me until later in the first trimester, and sore boobs/being tired DO COUNT! :) I'm sure everything's fine. Can't wait to hear about your results tomorrow!

Sarah said...

We would never laugh. :)

D said...

I have to delurk to tell you that I had NO SYMPTOMS at 6 weeks aside from what you have (practically asleep all day, sore girls). I had some food aversions but nothing really specific. Nothing would sound good- that was my issue. And that really didn't get bad until 8 weeks. Those are the only symptoms I ever had and by trimester two they were gone. I know it's hard to stay positive but it is really helpful if you can. So with that being said, please, please just enjoy being pregnant :)

Anonymous said...

The only symptom i had at 6 weeks was fatigue. I began puking wee 7 or 8...enjoy the calm before the storm.

A said...

I can totally understand why you would be concerned. You have been through so much to get pregnant but you have to remember you are an individual. No two pregnanices are alike and you don't have to be like the "typical" woman. So don't worry. Stop reading those stupid articles and have faith that your little bean is growing and doing well. I can't wait to hear about the ultrasound!

Heather said...

I can understand your concern. However, I don't think that there is anything to worry about. Just enjoy that you have no symptoms now.. I'm sure that it will make it it's time soon!

jessie said...

I didn't believe I was pregnant for the whole pregnancy! I was dead tired in the beginning as well - that's the only thing that felt different to me. The puking/dry-heaving didn't start until week 7.

Jen said...

You are too much, but you know that, right. :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck for tomorrow Carrie! I'll be checking in to see how it went! Sending positive vibes... Xox

S. said...

You, like me, could have an easy first tri. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth my dear. I look at it this way....we worked so hard getting pregnant, that pregnancy was a breeze. I was never sick. Swear.

And...just so you know...you will never relax. I felt nervous the whole time, well until 28 weeks or so.

Pufferfish said...

OK, I am laughing just a little bit b/c I'm thinking "someone needs to take Google away from this girl!!"
I was fine up until week 7 with just sore tatas and food aversions coming on. It got bad in week 7--just that one week--and then it got better in weeks 8,9,10. By week 11 I felt pretty normal.
Everyone is different and I have to believe the universe if finally smiling down on us and giving us an easy 1st trimester.
Enjoy it babe!
Can't wai to hear the results of the scan tomorrow!!!

dariasquirrel said...

so excited to hear your big news tomorrow! i'm sure you're not getting much sleep with the anticipation...or maybe the tireds you're having are helping you! my best friend (who also did IVF) and was pregnant with twins didn't have really any symptoms...until the end when she was getting large and in charge! i know it's driving you crazy, but on this end, i'm just happy for you that you don't feel as horrible as i did at week 6 (until week 13). hope tomorrow's news allows you a little more enjoyment of how far you've made it!

tiff said...

I didn't get morning sickness till later on either - maybe 10 weeks?

TIREDNESS is THE number one sign of pregnancy.

Don't worry!!!
Can't wait to hear about the ultrasound!

xo

N said...

Thinking of you today. Hope the scan went well.