For those of you who've had twins (or who are close to...)
1. Did you go on bedrest? If so, when?
2. Any products you recommend?
3. Any advice in general?
For those who've had singleton or twins:
1. Did prenatal yoga help. if so, is there a specific DVD you recommend?
Now that my questions are out of the way, I can share a few thoughts on being 6w4d.
As one commenter aptly put it, I am now the poster child for a symptom-free TWW that ended in a BFP. I am also a living example of someone pregnant with twins, but with little symptoms still! For those of you TTC, it really can happen. I felt nothing for so long, almost certain I wasn't pregnant, or was no LONGER pregnant. I hope that my story of beating every obstacle - from no symptoms, to horribly unsuccessful IUIs, to not responding to injectables, to 16 months of cysts, doctors, 2 surgeries, polyps, fibroids, endometriosis, and ultimately being told IVF probably won't work for me.....well, it did. And I'm no one special. Seriously, if it can happen for someone as UNLIKELY as me, there is hope that the right doc, and the right IUI or IVF treatment, can work.
Recommendations for those TTC:
1. Hang onto hope. And when it slips through your fingers, we will hold hope for you. The intensity to which this community lifted me up at my darkest times is something I'll always cherish. You all held hope for me, when I'd all but lost it.
2. Don't be afraid to change doctors. We had 3 clinics! Demand the attention you need.
3. If you've done a ton of IUIs, seriously consider IVF. I was scared of it, but realized it wasn't so bad at all, and in fact, for ONCE in my TTC journey, I saw my body respond in magical ways that I'd never seen or expected.
4. Be VERY picky about your IVF doctor. Pick one who will do copious testing, especially immunology. Few clinics do immunology, and my doc found I had serious problems!!! Most are largely treatable, and that, I believe, is the only reason I am pregnant right now.
5. It's OK to stress over not having symptoms. You all reminded me that many women don't have early symptoms, and I didn't listen. I stressed, we all stress. LIke Robbie once said, when we've been through the trenches like this, we all have some form of PTSD.
For anyone who's interested, here is what's going on with me right now.
6w4d report!
* I am either bone dead tired or completely an insomniac. I haven't slept in 2 days. then suddenly one day I am so tired that I almost cry at work, and can barely drive home. I figure I'm growing two humans right now, I oughtta be tired!
* The lotiony cervical mucous has picked up again. I'm like a human hand lotion dispenser.
* Luckily, I've been VERY "regular" - no matter what I eat, I have a satisfying #2 in the morning. I shall cherish this as long as it lasts.
* I have horrific gas. It comes out like 10 second foghorns all night long, and now the gas pressure is so intense that I've farted twice at work, in front of my coworkers. Humiliating.
* Heartburn just a little, and not too often.
* Slight bouts of nausea, but nothing to stop me in my tracks. I feel very lucky to be almost symptom-free here.
* Emotions are stable - no major tantrums or cries. I cried today because I was so tired and stressed at work.
* Nails growing fast and furious. My hair and face are greasy as shit, I feel so homely looking by the end of the day.
* My....how do I say....peesh smells different. I'm not sticking my nose up in it, but when I'm taking my pants off I can tell it's different. it's a very sweet smell. weird.
* No cravings or aversions.
* My sweet tooth is slowly coming back
I know a couple of you are going through IUIs and IVF, so I will try to post as much info as I can on each week/stage of pregnancy. I hope this helpful! xoxo
Friday, August 28, 2009
I Seek Thine Advice (and have some to give)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
TWINS! OMG! Congratulations lady!
My friend Elissa over here http://fulltimemumma.blogspot.com/
has twins... (boy/girl) that are almost two.. She as far as I know had a normal pregnancy with no major issues. I'm sure she'd love to hear from you!
Carrie - I've loved my prenatal yoga class (and there is a woman in there with me who is about 7weeks, following IVF). I do have a Gaiam prenatal yoga DVD, but find the class more motivating.
Carrie,
I am doing prenatal yoga and pilates with a DVD. I may do a class as well, but damn yo those are expensive and I've got a lot of baby crap to buy!
Pilates During Pregnancy w/ Niece Pecenka
Prenatal Vinyassa Yoga w/ Jennifer Wolfe
I got them both from Amazon.
I don't think you should use anyone else's bedrest as an indicator that you might have to do it. It could happen, it might not. There's so much we have no control over.
One of the things that can keep away alot of the 'bad things' is keeping hydrated. The rec is to drink ONE GALLON of water a day. I have only been able to manage 1/2 gallon and that's hard, but I'm trying my best.
The farting! You poor thing. I didn't have that, only the truck driver burps which we just as frequent and loud!
Hit me up if you think of anything else. And read Two Girls and Their Family for a recent twin blog. Their twins are 7 weeks old.
Post a Comment