I had my acupuncture appt just now. She mainly treated my migraine today (although it barely took an edge off the pain). I explained to her how I have no pregnancy symptoms, and am a little bummed out.
So check this out, and tell me what you think.
She took my pulse, and I was secretly hoping she'd say, "Well, your pulse feels slippery, so that might be a good sign!" I figured if it felt "pregnant," she would at least let me know there's hope, right? She didn't say a word, and continued on with treatment. I was terribly anxious, and worried at her lack of comment.
I finally mustered the courage to ask, "Is it true that pregnant women have a different pulse?" She said yes, and that there are many different kinds of pulses: slippery, wiry, hollow, heavy, etc. I could tell my tactic wasn't working, so I flat-out asked, "How would you classify mine?"
Her response: "I would say your pulse feels slippery, and somewhat wiry. Slippery is what we'd want to feel right now. The problem is - the drugs you're on right now interfere and can cause the same pulse feeling, so it's hard to know what's real."
OK ladies, break this down for me.
Do you think she REALLY felt a slippery pulse, or is she just being nice (and covering herself assuming I'm not pregnant). I can see her not wanting to tell me bad news today, such as, "And then there's another kind of pulse that is the 'not pregnant' pulse, and that's the one you have."
Do progesterone and L0venox REALLY interfere with pulse?
It KILLS me how anytime there is a possible symptom, it can be explained by a non-pregnancy factor. let me give you a quick list of examples:
1) My gums bled slightly when brushing today. Hold your horses, don't get excited. I flossed last night, and I sliced into my gums really bad. I think I triggered that same cut in my gums again today. It seemed localized to that spot.
2) Nausea today. Wait up. I ALWAYS get nausea with migraines of this intensity. Always.
3) Fingernails seem stronger/longer. Well, I haven't bitten them the past week, and I'm a chronic nailbiter, usually.
4) Possible slippery pulse. Apparently, the meds I'm on cause this.
Can't a girl get a freaking "au naturelle" symptom, that can't be explained by some other chemical or behavioral phenomenon?
Friday, August 7, 2009
A little (false) hope?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
its looking SO good!
There is still hope! Are you going to POAS before your beta??
The two acu people who worked on me after my IVF both felt a slippery pulse (one only 5 or so days after transfer) but neither of them said anything. I found out after the pregnancy was confirmed. They said that they are always reluctant to say anything, as things can go wrong early on, but that the slippery pulse was pretty acturate. I don't know about the drugs, but I'm hopeful for you.
Heres my take on the accupuncturists comment. The absolute worst think she could have done was volunteer that your pulse was slippery and you think that your pregnant and you not be. if i were here i would have done the same thing and given myself a window out just in case. a friend of mine said her accupuncturist knew she was pregnant before she did. however she didnt tell her, she let her find out her own way. So sorry to hear about your headaches and we are soooo pulling for you!!!
It still could be early for any symptoms...I didn't feel anything (besides side effects from progesterone) for a week or so after the POAS. Hang on to hope.
Any pregnancy symptoms that I had pre-bfp could have attributed to anything else like af or a draining day at work. Therefore there is avhuge possibility that you're preggo. Are you going to take a test before having your blood drawn?
Post a Comment