Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tomorrow feels so far away

I have my beta tomorrow morning, and it feels like it's weeks away. Next Thursday is the earliest date my RE said they could detect a heartbeat, so I go in then for an u/s. I feel like I'm holding my breath between appts.

To make matters worse, the few symptoms I had are totally gone now:
1. Extreme exhaustion - mostly gone (!)
2. Hungry Hungry Hippo - totally gone, now I am rarely hungry at all
3. "Hand Lotion Dispenser" - totally gone, I'm dry as a bone
4. Bigger boobies - they have shrunk back to normal size in the last 2 days

It's like my body has shaken off any shred of pregnancy. Now all I have is the extra 10 pounds of fat hanging off me, that I gained in this IVF cycle.

Oh Thursday, you can't come soon enough. Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow.... This wait is maddening.

Oh wow, as if I couldn't feel worse, I just found this!
http://tinyurl.com/n85hyd

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm voting that #2 is a symptom and that m/s is just around the corner for you. You are pregnant, my dear, and I can't wait until the beta tomorrow and the u/s next week prove it.

Schroedinger said...

Hoping that your fears are assuaged tomorrow! Hang in there...

Anonymous said...

I doubt that's a credible answer. The answerer's "credentials," if you will: Kharrima. Not noticing much in the way of medical training or experience with pregnancy, but maybe that's just me.

I know it's hard to wait for tomorrow. Trust me, I've done the wait for third beta three times. It sucks. But... that's going to be your only credible answer for a week.

In the meantime, just listen to us sweet and well-meaning commenters who tell you everything is probably just fine! There is no "normal" during pregnancy, everyone is different, and your body may just be doing a great job of adjusting to pregnancy. Also, I seem to remember that you got to decrease or stop PIO shots? A decrease in (excess) progesterone alone could explain decreased symptoms, no?

Hang in there, and I'll be number stalking you tomorrow. I want to be one of the first to shout congratulations (again).

Sarah said...

YEAH, that person has no credibility, so STEP AWAY FROM THE INTERNET. Go get your nails done or something that allows you NO INTERNET ACCESS. I have to do this sometimes, too...when I start obsessing.

You are still pregnant. You have no reason to think otherwise. The spotting meant nothing, and the lack of symptoms, they seriously come and go, so you are fine!!!

Anonymous said...

Girl, I am wishing, hoping, praying for good things tomorrow. Stay positive and STOP GOOGLING!!!
xoxo

tiff said...

Put away the computer woman!
Right now, the internet is the DEVIL.

Stay POSITIVE.
Tomorrow will be here before you know it.

xoxo

Creamy Silver said...

I know it's hard. Especially when you're a fertility patient and you've been testing since 5 dpo (and by you I mean ME) disscecting every ache & twinge & tweak as a possible symptom. When we do finally get that second line it feels like it's taken forever. When we've hit five weeks it seems like we've been pregnant for months.

In truth, you haven't. At this point many women don't even know. I know it's terrifying to not 'feel' pregnant but right now there isn't a lot to feel. HCG is still relatively low and it's just part of the process. Something else to wait on. Something else to drive yourself crazy analysing.

Give yourself a break. Enjoy being pregnant while you are. I wish you all the best tomorrow and I wouldn't blame you at all if you wanted to throttle me for the assvice. Good luck. :)

jessie said...

GOOD LUCK TODAY! This is what you have to look forward to - getting up at 5:15am to pump before work;)

Two Moms, Two Monkeys said...

Today is the big day so I just wanted to wish you luck! and I second the comment about pumping early! I am also pumping and catching up on my blogs. Fun times to look forward to!

Lizzie said...

hey, it's thursday morning. i'm thinking of you so hard, know that it is a big day for you. fingers crossed for reassurance !

mama bea, bao in the oven said...

Oh wow; I'm so sorry you've been stressed the past few days. I'm thinking of you this morning and hoping your appointment is reassuring. ((hugs))

Two Moms, Two Monkeys said...

Just checking in... wating very patiently for some good news!