I saw my OB today. Yep, I have a little infection, but it's common and I'm on antibiotics for 7 days.
I was STUNNED to see I'd gained 5lbs in 3 weeks! My OB gave me a talking to. She said "You've gained 20 pounds and you're only 23 weeks. You really need to be careful, or you're going to have a very large baby."
I don't eat that bad, but sure, I don't eat good. I have so much nausea in the second tri, that all I can eat are starchy, carb-type foods. She said I need to be eating more veggies, which are my #1 aversion in pregnancy.
I feel so lame. I'm going to have some 10lb baby because I'm such a fatty. How much had you guys gained by 23 weeks? I'm sure the fact that I had twins for 9 weeks added a few pounds, too.
I guess I should workout. I haven't worked out or even WALKED for 4 months. Literally. I am just so exhausted. I'll try to go for a 20-30 min walk tomorrow, I guess. sigh. I don't want a giant baby!
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
I'm a fatty fat butt with a fat baby. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Meh. I gained twenty pounds by twenty-three weeks, and then gained five pounds a week for three weeks ALL THREE TIMES. Each pregnancy I waddled into L&D at the exact same weight despite starting off at different points each time, and I lost it all after the last kid was born. I think our bodies are just set to gain a certain amount, and that's that. Oh and my biggest baby was seven pounds on the nose, so there :)
I have a friend who is 5 foot nothing and a buck five. She gained 70 + with each pregnancy and her babies were 6-7 lb'ers. She is still teeny today.
I suppose everyone is different.
Wasn't it Jenny McCarthy (sp) who put on 80 lbs during pregnancy.
Check out her book...I think she talks about it.
Now stop this shit and go eat a shake :)
I actually lost weight during pregnancy because I was so sick and not only did I have preemies, but they were super tiny. I'd rather have gained more than I "should have" and had a big healthy baby! ;)
I wouldn't worry about the weight if I were you. Eat as best you can (lots of protein is best), and don't stress over it. Also, don't push yourself to work out if you aren't up to it. I forced myself to walk 30 minutes a day (on a docs recomendation), still sick, with twins at 30 weeks, and I still believe that it helped to contribute to my high blood pressure and therefore my early delivery.
Remember, Happy Mama=Happy Baby!
They don't weigh pregnant women at all throughout the pregnancy here in the UK, just advise briefly about eating well. I think the obsession with how many pounds of gain is a uniquely American one. I also think it's probably far more unhealthy to make women worry about it than it is just to let their body do what it needs to. Honestly, don't sweat it!
I gained over 50lbs.... and My baby was a very nice small 7lbs 4oz.. shes full of patooey.. as long as you dont get gest.diabetes im sure your baby will be just fine.
i will say... its been 3 1/2 years and I still havent gotten that damn baby weight off.... but Rowan is worth every wide ass moment haha
Seriously, your OB is an idiot! Continue doing what you're doing, it's obviously working. Your baby is healthy despite all the shit. if you do decide to workout, I'd take it way easy, if you havent done it the entire pregnancy it's more risky than just coasting for the rest of your pregnancy... Good luck!!
I would think that exercise period is good for all of us pregnant or not. There are hundreds of ways to exercise and they don't have to involve dread.
There are things you can do as a pregnant women that are actually fun and socially expanding.Yoga,swimming,simple walking all of which can reduce your stress level I'm sure:)
I decided not to do the gym thing,but wanted to stay in shape ,so i bought a used bike to get around the neighborhood on. When i get better at it there is a park with a very busy bike path/raceway that i can use.All ages are out there pedaling away.
Find something you like that doesn't feel like a chore to do.
I don't think a mother's weight gain has anything to do with the size of the baby. If I would have gone full term, Connor would have been 10 pounds, but I gained only 30 pounds the entire pregnancy. My friend gained 50 pounds and had a 7 lb baby! Don't fret too much about the size of the babe and worry more about you. It will be fine!
I gained 13 lbs total and I was a fat ass before. I actually lost weight for the first 5 months thats the only reason I did not gain so much. Well that and I had insulin dependent Gestation Diabetes. Weight has nothing to do with baby size. They told me I would have an 11 lb baby because of the GD and maya was 7 lb 14 oz. PERFECT. Dont let them worry you, sometimes, ok a lot of times, Dr's are wrong at their guesses.
I'm not quite sure that how much weight you gain is directly correlated to the baby's weight (I gained 17, and had an 8 lb. baby). Just do your best, eat healthy, and you'll be just fine. We're all rooting for you.
Post a Comment