Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 18, 2010

Love my OB, still concerned about bebe, tho.

Damn I love my OB. (Altho I may be pushing his patience with my paranoia already, LOL)

He called me yesterday, SUNDAY, to see how I was doing. Holy crap, what doctor cares enough to call on his day off!!!! I wasn't around to get his call, but was so touched.

He called me again today (Monday) at 9am. He kept saying unless my body was on fire, there's too much insulation between my belly and the baby, and he kept reassuring me everything was fine. I explained that her movements are still SO little compared to before. I mean, isn't it concerning that she doesnt respond AT ALL even after a big glass of OJ, coffee, cold water, or even belly poking?

He told me I'm welcomed to do a non-stress test on my next appt. (Next Tuesday) He offered to let me come in this week, but I have a feeling we're about to get snowed in at Tahoe. (yippee!)

He talked me out of getting a Level 2 scan, he said they wouldn't be able to see much more (brain wise) than a regular scan. Since I already have a regular scan next week, I will have them check the brain one more time. (Altho he said you couldn't see damage in either scan)

I think he was little annoyed at how paranoid I am, but he was very calm and sweet. I wish I could just believe him 100%....but the distinct lack of movement for 1 week now prevents me from doing so.

Regardless, it's nice to have an OB who cares, listens, and doesn't laugh at me or judge me for my concerns. He is a godsend.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm praying that your NST gives you some peace. (((hugs)))

E. Phantzi said...

oh my goodness, you have been through so much already - hoping and praying all is well. (LFCA)
(IF blogging at www.projectprogeny.wordpress.com, but haven't figured out open ID thing yet to log in that way)

MFA Mama said...

I agree with your OB that the heat probably didn't cause a problem, but I agree with you that reduced movement is worrisome and I think a NST is probably a good idea. If there's any kind of IUGR going on (possibly from clots? I don't want to feed your paranoia but you DO have that going on and perhaps you ought to remind your OB) that is making Baby less energetic they can pick up on that and maybe do a Doppler analysis of cord blood-flow? Sorry, professional worrier here. I really do think the heat thing was correlation not causation in action, though. Hang in there...