Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

More upset today

I'm still sick with worry about yesterday's heating pad on my belly for 45 minutes. UGH, so stupid! I didn't even notice it until it was too late. (The heating pad was sewn into a pillow on my lap/belly)

Baby really didn't move much at all (maybe one or two tiny kicks) all day yesterday, and all night. She is usually so active. All night long I tried my usual tricks - rolling around, laying on my back, drinking cold water...to get her to move. I think I felt one tiny movement, but that was it. Now I'm at work today and still waiting for her to move.

I dopplered and her hb is in her normal range. I am just worried about the lack of movement. I left a vm for my OB's nurse.

I will kill myself if I have caused any harm to our baby. I just want this worry to be over, and to know she's ok.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and your baby are ok. I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with this anxiety. I wish I could say what I'm saying with some kind of real authority, but I just really doubt that 45 min with a heating pad on part of your belly will create a problem. Babies are tough and they make it through a lot worse. Take care of yourself and keep being strong. {{{{{HUG}}}}}

Anonymous said...

I am sure that your baby is doing just fine. I didn't always feel my son moving every day. Don't worry too much. Focus on the positive!

N said...

*hugs tight*

Don't keep beating yourself up, it doesn't help, and isn't worth it. If you doppled, the baby's okay. I've found that movement often goes in cycles. (hours, days, whatever, depending.) Lots and lots of movement, and then NONE. As in freaking out, she's got to be dead, NONE. Figment usually does 2-3 days on, 2-3 days off. Not always, but it happens.

You will be okay, hon. And you've got us here. *hugs*

Pufferfish said...

I think you're going to be just fine. I have Korean and Japanese friends who use hot tubs and saunas throughout their entire pregnancy b/c that's OK in their culture and let me tell you it's longer and hotter than your 45 min.
Nevertheless, I can understand why you are freaking out and I would be, too.
It's good you have the doppler and know the HB is right on. Maybe she's just chillin' right now..

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you my experience with movement during my pregnancy and hope you can gain something from it. There were many times I couldn't feel my son moving. Since I had had a previousl loss (albiet early in the pregnancy) I always felt tons of anxiety when I thought he would go silent-- that is until my midwife showed me how to feel him with my hands and figure out what position he was in. If he was facing with his back out towards the front of my belly, I didn't feel him move or kick much if at all. It was only when he was turned to the side or to the front that I felt him. See if at your next appointment you can get your doctor to teach you how to feel her position to help you determine if she's facing towards the less sensitive parts of your uterus. Also, I wouldn't sweat the heated pillow and try not to read to much into you not feeling her move. Not only could her position be affecting what you feel.. but she could just be sleeping. She's got a lot of growing to do. I hope this helps and hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Honestly, you and your babe will be fine. I'm sorry you're feeling so unsure and anxious. The general rule is that if you're too hot, so is the baby but you don't mention overheating so I think you're fine. The biggest worry is sending your blood pressure up, which I'm assuming didn't happen, again, because you'd have mentioned it. At 26 weeks, the babe can take a lot more than it could at 6 weeks.

(A confession: I am a huge lover of hot baths and had many, many HOT baths when pregnant. It's what got me through. My babe was born at 9 and a half pounds - very healthy, and very strong.)

I really hope you can find a way to reduce your anxiety and enjoy the home stretch of your pregnancy. Take care.