Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Party in my belly today!

Yesterday baby was SUPER quiet all day, but I tried hard not to get panicked. Luckily I was rewarded!

Last night she had not one, but TWO major "cirque de soleil" stints in my belly. It must have lasted 30min-1 hour each. Big big kicks, rolls, punches. It was so fun! I never mind missing sleep when I get to spend that quality time with bubs.

The moving didn't stop today either. She was super active all morning, on/off from 9am-2pm. INSANE! She hasn't moved that much in weeks. Lots of big big movements still. I wonder if she'll be turning from breech to head-down soon.

Am I still concerned about some damage done from the heat? Yes, but these movements sure lift my mood considerably. You've all offered sound advice, and I will ask about checking cord blood flow at my scan next week.

IN OTHER GOOD NEWS: I passed my gestational diabetes test! Woohooo!

My anemia has gotten more severe, even while taking Ferrous Sulfate. Wow. At least baby takes what she needs, so that's good. They asked me to up my pills to 2x per day. You realize what this means. Two strong ferrous sulfate iron pills a day means I probably won't poo again until the baby is 3 months old. :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes! yes! yes! (except for the last part)
-tessa

Anonymous said...

good news all around! sounds like the perfect ending to a vacation!!

N said...

Whoohoo!!!

Anonymous said...

Yaaaaaaaaaay!!! :)

Mina said...

Two outta three ain't bad! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!!

tireegal68 said...

Awesome news - except the sitch!!!
So happy to hear your little tumbler is showing off in your tummy again! FX everything continues well:)

K J and the kids said...

That's great news.

Colace baby.

Melissa said...

Great news! I'm anemic too and what I've found helps is to be sure to take about 1000mg of vitamin C a day to help your body absorb the iron. Also, my midwife had me on chlorophyll pills to help stimulating red blood cells which will also help your anemia. Good Luck!

bleu said...

Hey hun....here is an idea. Take a heating pad and put it on high and wrap it around a vase of water. Wait 45 minutes and see how warm the water gets. Truly your doc is telling you the truth. You have far too much insulation of skin and fat and amniotic sac and placenta and amniotic fluid to have caused her to get even near hot enough for damage in that amount of time. Submerging in a hot tub, which is done during pregnancy routinely in parts of Europe btw, brings your body temp up faster but still does not cause the baby to boil or anything.

Also your body while pregnant will give alarms when baby gets heated. You will get hot fast and feel faint if your body temp gets dangerous.

I also am so glad yu have a new doc who is so kind....please remember to tell him how much you appreciate him and how hard fought this pregnancy is and how if you seem to
be beyond paranoid it is just from that and the previoud horrid doc but that you appreciate him. It will help you and reassure you both.

Finally I know, truly I know how hard it is to have the fear but I also promise you you will wish you had spent this time enjoying it more and stressing less and the blunt truth is you cannot do much beyond taking care of yourself to affect the outcome now so try hun to find your breath and tell yourself that and let just a tiny bit of all that shitty fear stuff dissipate if you can.

Much love.

Heidi said...

YAY!!!!

(now this song will be stuck in my head for a week.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQiJbnGiNI8)

amazingk8 said...

I've been following along and I should've commented before but I went through a period of very decreased movement with my daughter, too. It lasted a few weeks and my doc suggested that the baby had probably turned in some direction where I was less able to feel the movements. And then she turned and it was like a party in there. Also, I managed to mildly electrocute myself during pregnancy. So I understand the worry.

Have you tried plumsmart? I drank it when I was constipated with zofran and it worked wonders. Wondrous pooping wonders.

E. Phantzi said...

So glad to hear about the Cirque de Soleil! Yay baby!