Well I love my new OB. He told me to come in for a scan, so I'd feel better. (He wasn't too worried, but given the decreased movement - he said why not)
The scanner was so sweet. She showed me the perfect heartbeat, the growth was perfectly on track. Baby weighs 2lbs! Plenty of amniotic fluid. She let me watch the baby for a while. Baby yawned, it was so cute! She still isn't moving much at all, but slightly more than yesterday. I don't think she's ever gone THIS long (30 hours) without serious movement.
The OB (who I dub Doctor Warm Fuzzy)....tried to help me not worry. He said most likely there wasn't damage done. I just keep remembering that freaking hot heating pad, and I can't help but think baby suffered SOME type of brain damage. Guess I won't feel 100% confident until she's born! He didn't seem worried, though.
I feel maybe 50% better. She still hasn't moved much since it happened, and it's been so long now. I wish she'd bounce back to her normal self. That would bring me to feeling 70% better. :) I've been drinking lemonade, tangerine juice, eating some candy...nothing is getting her to kick like she used to. Come on little one, kickbox for mama!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Update - feeling better, but not totally :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
What a relief to see your little girl! I made myself crazy with worry about things too. I would focus on them and it was all I could think about. But then, magically, something else came up for me to worry about. I hope the same happens for you!
I would feel the same way you are. But if the OB is saying everything is fine, and not worried, try to think the same. Keep positive!
Kick baby kick!
Your new OB sounds PERFECT for you. Easy to say 'stop worrying' but hard to actually do it.
Nevertheless, I hope your little kickboxer starts working out again soon so you can stop worrying.
These are such normal feelings. We all had/have them. Well not everyone. I was always so jealous of those pregnant women who just didn't seem to have a worry in the world. Every scan I got (and with the last 2 pregnancy was A LOT) I expected 1 or both to be dead. I was waiting to see cysts or heart defects. CLEAR til the end. Sick I know. We try so hard for these little people and I think we just don't feel worthy enough to be happy. Like we didn't pay for it or something.
YOU deserve to be happy. You are going to have this perfectly healthy and beautiful baby girl soon. You will be IN LOVE ! and I can't wait to hear about it all in your post.
oh and p.s. SO happy for Dr Warm and Fuzzy ! LOVE him already.
I'm glad you finally found someone to put your mind at ease...as much as that can be done! You're getting there! Two pounds...wow!
Post a Comment