
Today was a bit rough. It's been 2 days since my IUI. Since I have a short luteal phase, my RE put me on progesterone suppositories. Apparently, these mimic some pregnancy symptoms, as they are tricking your uterus into thinking it's pregnant.
I got to work today, and the queasiness set in. I felt incredibly dizzy, nauseas, and had to leave a meeting 2x because I thought I'd puke. I'm also increasingly bloated. These are two common side effects of progesterone. I was so sick to my stomach, it was awful. If this is what real morning sickness feels like, yuck!
The other problem I have is chronic migraines. I've had migraines anywhere from 1x/week to 7x/week since 4th grade. I take heavy narcotics to eliminate them, but I cannot take these pills while (possibly) pregnant. Unfortunately, NO other pill will help. I'm limited now to Tylen0l, which is about as effective as taking a Jelly Belly. I had a really horrible headache the past 2 days. Luckily, the headache went away today, which is nothing short of a miracle, trust me. :) I fear the onset of the next one, and will be grateful each day that goes by headache-free.
Fingers crossed tomorrow is queasiness and headache-free!
Friday, April 18, 2008
Rough Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Which progesterone are you on? I've found that Crinone gel actually gives me headaches - the package insert says it can exacerbate migraines. Maybe there is a progesterone that will not make you feel as sick? (They do mimic pregnancy though and it really screws with your mind/heart.) Good luck!
the progesterone is evil! the symptoms from it are worse in my opinion than the actual pregnancy hormones! and the tricks they play on your mind and body are unreal. hang in there, i hope you get some relief!
I hope you feel better soon. That progesterone is terrible stuff I've heard, but never been on it myself. I know what you mean about the migraines though. Taking Tylenol is an exercise in futility. You might as well be taking a jelly bean, like you said. I hope everything goes well and good luck.
Post a Comment