Hey guys - I am finally back from Seattle. I kept up with your blogs, but wasn't able to update mine until now. It was a jam-packed week of business meetings and events, and it's good to be home.
I'm doing ok - we go in this Friday for the mid cycle ultrasound, then possibly next IUI on Sunday or Monday. It's definitely getting harder to start each cycle over. The progesterone has caused me to gain a LOT of weight, so right now it feels good to workout, take boxing classes, etc. Just when I get into the swing of things, I get my IUI and have to all but halt my activities. Puffer had such a great post last week, about 'working out like Madonna.' It's so true!
This cycle we will be using two vials. Our donor has consistently been sub minimal - with ranges of 6MM to 8.9MM counts. We reported this to our sperm bank, but they only guarantee vials up to 30 days after they leave their facilities. (We've had these out here for many months now)
Five vials left. This cycle = 2 vials, one IUI. Next cycle = clomid and two vials. I'm worried about using clomid; I will totally be the next Jon and Kate Plus Eight.
One last thought: I've found that since we started TTC, it's changed my time/space continuum. Suddenly, my entire existence is based on waiting. Waiting for mini-milestone dates to appear. Waiting to start my period, waiting to start ovulation testing, waiting for my ultrasound, waiting to perform my HCG trigger at the right time, waiting for my IUI appointment, waiting those agonizing two weeks, waiting for my pregnancy test....inevitably getting a negative, and then waiting to start my period again.
I'm having a hard time just living life, and living in the moment. I'm constantly just longing for my next mini milestone, and impatiently counting the hours.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
I'm Back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Glad you're back. Don't worry about the Clomid!! It's only a SLIGHT chance of twins, not much more. Definitely not like injectibles! Totally sympathize with the 'not living in the moment' thing.
It really does happen, life breaking down into a long list of waits. It is hard, there will be bad months and good ones. I wish I could say it didn't happen but it really does. I hope you will have very few waits left.
As for clomid it really isn't so bad. The truth is you will be monitored and have the choice or not, J&K had the choice and knew they had a lot of eggs but went ahead anyway.
Hey there, glad you appreciated my manic workout post:) It worked/works!!!
I would not worry about the Clomid. If anything, looking back I wished I'd started it sooner. C'est la vie.
And try, do really, really try to live in the moment if you can. I know it's hard, but try.
that was definitely the most stressful part of ttc for us. our life became a game of waiting, as you reference, everything required a wait. it was agonizing. i hope this next cycle goes by quickly for you guys and that your next big wait (after the grueling 2ww of course) is the wait for a beta after you see the 2 lines. and then your next big wait after that is for your first ultrasound. the waiting doesn't stop but at least it feels a little more productive and exciting rather than nerve racking...
are you ever gonna post again???? hahaha.
miss you!
Don't be scared of Clomid. Clomid stimulates your eggs...making them stronger and/or release sooner, but it doesn't make you release all possible eggs, like injectables do. So with Clomid you might release an extra egg, with injectables the point is to get you to release LOTS of eggs. So no worries....with Clomid you are only increasing your chance of twins or triplets to about 7%.
Post a Comment