I think I hate my RE now. They don't test me enough, and now they don't adequately medicate me. I've been on 200mg of progesterone since I started TTC, and I've never had my usual spotting 7 days prior to my period. Things in that department were working great.
So my new RE (same facility) wrote me a prescription this month for 100mg. I confronted her about it and said my old doc was actually giving me 200mg. She waved me off with a "pfft" - and said "it (dosage amount) doesn't even matter." I should have stood up for myself.
Well today I am 10DPIUI. We are in Tahoe, supposed to be having a vacation. I'm only 10 days in, and I'm F*CKING SPOTTING. So if there was any chance for a baby, it's gone now thanks to that careless woman. I am SO MAD.
Not only will I be sharing this story with her, but we're going to start looking at a new facility. Ours is supposed to be the best in the Bay Area, but I've been really disappointed with their overall care. I'd like to compare them to other places now.
On a side note...for all of you bummed that I haven't been obsessing over the TWW.... this did make me obsess a little. Of course, when I saw reddish-pink blood on my toilet paper, I thought maybe it's that 1% chance I'm pregnant. But isn't implantation spotting usually brown? this was definitely red/pink. Other than that, just a few normal twinges in the uterus. No biggie - I've had this every month with a BFN. I noticed today my left boob has had about 10 shooting pains in it. My bbs are not sore AT ALL, if you grab them. (Which I do every 10 minutes) It's literally like a little jolt that shoots through the back of my boob, almost near my ribcage. Did any of you ever experience this?
Anyway, my wireless card has zero bars, so I don't know if this will even post. I am just so upset today. This is usually when I start spotting, so seeing the 'familiar face of Aunt Flo' has me pretty bummed, and mad at my RE.
What should I do about the RE? For those of you who are preg, what did your implanation spotting look like? And did you ever have weird pains in the back of your bbs, but your bbs themselves didn't feel sore, or hurt to touch? Friggin a, I am a confused woman right now...
Thursday, August 21, 2008
WTF! (hear me out, please. I need your opinion!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Hoping for you that it is implantation spotting. But understand your frustration and fear. I've got a really short luteal phase. When I was using the vaginal suppositories for progesterone (fun), I was on about 100mg and it seemed to hold my period off 'til 11 or 12 dpo. I've switched to 200mg and now take it orally (prometrium), but this last month I spotted on 11dpo and got my period on 12dpo. I'm thinking of upping my dose. (Or asking anyway.) I just want a TWW that is really two weeks! On the other hand a woman from Australia or the UK (I can't remember) told me that they don't stress as much about luteal phase over there, that anything over 10 is fine and they don't medicate as much as we do. I don't know ... Anyway, sorry you don't feel good about your medical care. That's the WORST.
um, i think maybe it could be implantation spotting.
ok. i'm gonna be lmao if you are pregnant, seriously.
i'm gonna do some research for you and then get back to you. i have a lot of time on my hands right now.
don't freak. just have fun in tahoe and deal with it when you get back.
xoxoxo
don't give up hope until you take that blood test
Sigh, I didn't have any implantation spotting, so I can't help you there. As for boob pain, I had shooting needle like nipple pain, but only on one side. The boobs themselves were tender, but not really outright painful.
And now that I'm PG my RE has put me on progesterone for the first time. It's routine and she does it for all her patients. Although the nurse who told me I had to go on it didn't explain that, which made for a very stressful day and half until we spoke to the RE. Anyway, the script was for 200mg, 3x per day vagnially, but after talking to the RE today I have been given permissiopn to reduce to 2x per day.
I agree, enjoy your vacation, and let a blood test tell you for sure.
i have no advice, but i really hope you enjoy your vacation!
i will say that if you feel uncomfortable with your medical care provider, switch. it's important to have a doctor who listens to you because you know your body better than anyone else. please advocate for yourself!
my implantation bleeding was so heavy I called the doc and scheduled a clomid check for 3 days later figuring it was the start of my period. It was 10dpo which was early but i had never read about it being anything but "scant" just goes to show you it can be very very different for everyone. also - im happy to prank call your re if that will make you feel better. :)
My vote is for implantation spotting!!! I don't think it has to be brown...brown just means old blood and red means new blood. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed!!!
I think it is important to trust your provider. Even when my doc and I had our moments I trusted him, so that's what it comes down to for me.
Enjoy your vacation.
Post a Comment